What is your favorite piece of Ski gear? Is it new or old?

Bulldog

• Baller
I just finished a downhill ski trip and came to the realization that my ski poles are over 20 years old but I LOVE them... then on the drive home I was thinking "Which piece of my slalom gear is my favorite?" ... for me its a approximately five year old elliptical straight line handle. Not sure what I will do when it finally wears out, can buy them at the dealers here anymore (in the Canada handles last a few seasons lol) I guess I will deal with it when the time comes.

"Do Better..."

• Supporting Member

I think I have to go with my Camaro long shirt. No restriction whatsoever and allows me to handle the combination of New England "summer" and being a wuss.

At this moment, my Denali ski is actually my favorite, but skis by their nature evolve quickly, so I'm sure within a few years I'll be on a new Denali. The long shirt will be there throughout, keeping me warm enough to ski up to my potential.

The nature of this thread seemed more like "old friend," so I'm picking the Camaro.

• Baller

Me. Old.

Second favorite is my perfect-fit D3 Leverage bindings ranging in age from brand new to a couple of years old. Comfort, great lateral support, they release me when necessary and don't when not, slick outside so they slide over the water nicely unlike buckles on some hardshells, and they keep me from having to dive into binding threads on BOS.

• Baller_

I'll have to say my baggy drysuit (Bare UltraDry). It is 7 years old.

I would have said my O'Neill Hyperfreak heater top. - 5 years old. I can ski well in warm and cold weather wearing the drysuit, but cannot ski well in cold weather with just the heater top.

Like @Than_Bogan, it is all about the warmth for me to ski up to my potential.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

Straightline Ultra Vest!! Very very old. Another wish they were still making it guy...

My Ronny Drytop is also close to the top, I have 2 used ones I am rotating and a brand new one still in the bag.. Should have bought a couple more Ultra Vests when they were selling out!!