REV 6

jetpilotg4

• Baller
How many of you guys are gonna be buying the REV6 ? I signed up on the preorder and asked Rick how many he thought they were going to produce ... His answer was 500 or more ... Does that sound right ? I bought my nano one and flex tail 1.0 second hand so I'm excited about a new one

• Baller

Had the 67.25 Rev 6 out at the lake today. I bought the ski for my son who is about 180 lbs. and is a 38' off 36 mph skier. I mounted his Reflex R style set up and he instantly did what he had been doing on his Razor. He did not make 38 on it but said it was just a matter of tweaking his gate set up. I was driving and was not able to watch all that carefully, but the ski seemed to ride level at 36, it turned well on the onside, offside turn not as well(think will add some length tonight) The ski was not querky. He was able to ski without creating quite as much load out of the buoy. All in all he really felt comfortable on the ski. He is going to ride it this weekend in Seattle at the collegiate allstars after only being on it one set so far.

I mounted my Reflex R Style set up on it and gave it a swing. I am on a very stiff 67 9900 that I love. I have tried a Radar, XTT, XTM, Nano Twist etc... and my 9900 and its back up are my go to skis. I am pretty consistent at 38 and can get down course at 39. I got up on the ski and on the pull out I noticed the tip a little higher than I thought it ought to be. My onside felt good, but the offside not so much. The speed was not as fast as my 9900. After making several 32's, it was obvious that the skier who does not load right at the buoy is rewarded with with more swing at the next buoy. The ski had no bad habits. I would have to do some tuning to get the tip down slightly. Possibly binding forward or more length. I am going to have to look at the rocker on the ski as it seemed to feel like it had more rocker. I am 205 lbs. and hard on the boat. I think if I was going to order one now, I might try the 68.

• Baller
It's almost comical the lack of commentary on this ski or any Goode ski on BOS. Too many ski's at too high a price I'm thinking. Breaking the "keep it simple" rule and leaving their customers in the dust with brand spanking new "old models". Betting a new ski is on the way on top of the Rev6. Maybe the Rev7??? Upsetting a lot of folks....which is why I'm still on the Nano One XT (3yrs now) and still thinking.

• Supporting Member

@jbwann I have to completely disagree with the implication that Goode should stop innovating. I apologize to those who have already read this from me, but there are only two alternatives:

1) Stop improving.

2) Delay the introduction of the best stuff.

I consider those to be very unappealing.

That said, I, too, have been wondering about the lack of buzz around the Rev6. I only know a handful of folks who have tried it, but they seem to LOVE it.

Given that, perhaps the buzz will increase as the northern hemisphere season gets rolling.

• Baller

@Than_Bogan I don't disagree with your alternatives at all. I do know for a fact, though, that some very loyal customers are disappointed in how they've been treated. For example a customer buying the Flextail on Monday without being told that the all new Nano One FT is coming out "within the week" and that you might want to wait so that you have that choice. Hopefully these are just minor kinks that can be worked out with their customer base. It's NO DOUBT a great group of products. I'm still a customer.

The main thing that concerns me here is that not a single skier on a 68" Rev6 spoke up to give any advice to @mbabiash . But the 2016 Radar Vapor thread is off the charts at approx 65k views and countless comments. I guess I just wish there was more excitement about these ski's that Goode is pumping out.

It's also a little ridiculous that the ski I'm currently on (Nano One XT) is three years old and is still $1940. They have 7 skis at that price point. Which one is the best??? Might not be the Rev6 is what that tells me.

• Baller

I wondered why no one was talking about the ReV 6 too. That's why I posted.

I am one of those who ordered a flextail and wasn't told about the nano 1ft coming out.

However. After trying the flextail for 30 days it just wasn't working consistently for me. One phone call and they swapped it out for the nano 1ft at no charge. Not even extra shopping.

Unfortunately I didn't care for that ski either.

Sold that one and bought the ReV 6.

I love this ski.

Turns like a nano one and has cross course speed like the flextail.

I did demo the ARC for several days out in California. It was easy to ride but it just didn't perform like the ReV 6.

For what it's worth.

• Baller
@mbabiash that is great feedback and happy to hear that Goode did you right on the FT/NOFT. Hope you get some settings feedback. Would be nice to hear more about what is going on with this ski and where the settings are coming in.

• Baller
Its a pretty radical concept when you think about it, hats off to them for trying something out of the box. It stands to reason that they will have to tweak the design a few times to get it dialed in. From what I've heard the Rev 6 is pretty good, the ski's before it have not been as well received. You can't blame a ski company for trying to sell us new and better product, its what they do and its us who benefits.

• Baller
I have had mine for about 6 weeks i suppose .... About 30 sets on it so far ... First month i had my DFT set wrong , but since i have the new numbers on the fin, ive been running right up to my PB each set im out on decent water. Only ski ive ever been on that i can make up ground on a -38 pass.

• Baller_

There were 4 Revs being used this weekend and as I posted, Miller ran 4.5@41 and should have run the pass. I would want to know how to use a caliper very well and understand the reasoning behind the slits on the back of the ski if I were to buy one. I do understand both. You will need a bunch of test sets with some nice water and a stack of shims to deal with the slits. That being said, its great to have a team of skiers like Miller, Badal and Chad to do all this before you ever get the ski. You can pretty much buy the ski, put it to the numbers posted and go from there. These guys put in lots of sets finding the right combination of fin and binding set up that should work. I have seen them in action many times. Of all the FTs that I have seen, this one intrigues me the most but not enough to drop 2k. If its late Sep and you do not see another FT design, that means this one is great.

Disclaimer

I am a total N1 geek and still think it is the best design that Goode ever made.

• Baller

I'm no where near the skier that most of you guys are but. I have skied all the skis goode has come out with from nano 1 to ReV 6.

I really feel like the ReV 6 is a faster version of the nano 1. Turns as good as the nano 1 and keeps going even if your late and fast.

It's really worth a try.

• Baller

On the 68.

2.475 6.865 .710 9 degrees 29 3/4

This is stock except dft.

It came with .740.

Offside was slow to come around so I added length. The ski was very good.

So badals settings went back to stock length but moved fin back. Offside is perfect now and on side is not as aggressive much faster too

Only 9 degrees instead of 9.5 too.

Hey guys,

I am a 36mph skier and been on Rev6 ever since the very first skis came out early this spring. I know the skis well and though I would share some settings that people like. There are three different settings worth a try. One is as mentioned here stock 6.865 2.475 and dft somewhere 0.71-0.73 depending on the person. That's seems to work great for Greg. I have skied all the sizes, right now I am on 66.5. I personally like 6.84 2.485 0.72 the most right now on my ski. It seems like these numbers work better on smaller skis. Many girls liked these numbers more on 65.75 and I have heard positive feedback on 66.5 too with those numbers. There is also a number of people that ride 6.765 2.495 and dft further forward. When I have a tech call at Goode saying that the stock does not work, I give them these numbers to try and I received a few calls back saying that works much better. So again, it depends on the skiers, and it worth trying these numbers to see what works the best. Greg loves long and shallow on his 67. I personally ride the wing at 9 degrees.

Rev6s are amazing and definitely worth a try. Feel similar to Nano One, but much faster and not as sticky in the turns. I love mine.

• Baller
I have tried and watched the big dawgs test and tweak all the flex tails since they came out! I am finally convinced they got it figured out with the rev 6! I need a new ski like i need a hole in the head but mine ships tomorrow!

• Baller

I have skid every new Goode since the Mid rides. So the N1, N1XT, FT, N1FT and my Rev 6 arrived Monday 6th.

I set it up on factory numbers, and first set on Tuesday I ran 35 off, earlier and easier than on any previous ski (after missing a couple of passess at 35 figuring out how it turned).

I rarely get past 3 or 4 at 38, however I had run 38 the day before on the N1FT, (which of course rocked my small world). But then second set on Rev 6 I ran 38 off, just inside 2 ball at 39.

Nothing more to say really!!! The Rev 6 is a step forward in innovation and performance.

• Baller

Goode is pushing the envelope which is always good for progression of the sport. Unfortunately for us, no matter how good a ski we are on, it comes down to the operator in the end! That's why I think Andy back in the day with a skimpy rubber binding, low tech ski, huge wakes, and hand driving was the best ever!

Hope the new ski works great for you! See you at Thorn Ridge.

• Baller
I was on the XTM that I like a lot. I hated the nanone and the XT. Felt like I was dragging a block. I love the rev 6 and was skiing it stock in very cold water. Goode tech Martin gave me some other numbers so I tried them. I have never had a ski turn as well, but felt like I was dragging a block. Someone posted Greg's numbers and I tried them, the ski felt way faster cross course but a slower turn. I prefer this in a ski but I was washing out on off side. So I took both Martins numbers and Greg's numbers and did the math and went in the middle of both. Love the ski. So I was wondering what stock was and I pulled those numbers and I was very surprised I was almost back to stock.

• Baller
I'll say this, I've never seen Goode so quiet for so long. No videos or sales propaganda of any kind in a while. With all of the high end competition I would have expected to see Goode turn it up a notch. Not saying I want them to, just an observation

Hey guys let me start by saying I thought the original Nano 1 was probably one of the best skis ever made by Dave Goode. The best one I had was still white and had the smoke graphics. Loved that ski until I broke it digging the tip and crashing out the front. Would have liked that set over again. I actually had a twin to it and was smart enough to give it to Jay Leach who ripped it up on the same ski for a couple years. Since that ski there were several skis Dave made that all had certain qualities that I did liked a lot The new Rev 6 is the total package for me. I look forward to each set on it. While watching others on the ski this past weekend I saw the same characteristics with everyone riding them. Greg Badal looks like a different skier on his. Always in control. Goodes have historically been a little tail heavy in my opinion. However they always managed to get you to the other side and stay in the pass. The new Rev 6 maintains the same attitude throughout the course and for skiers of different styles. The ski is very efficient and easy to ski on. It also seems to work with a variety of different fin settings

I'll be trying a 68" Rev6 tonight. I'm a 36 mph skier and I normally get into 1 or 2 at 38 off. What settings should I try? Stock (6.865, 2.475, .740, 29 3/4) or the shallow, deeper and fin forward as mentioned by @Martin? I will say I also tend to need a little more help on my off-side.

I'm coming off the original Flex Tail which I think is a great ski but I need a little more stability, which I think the Rev6 will give me.

Also if you're in Colorado I have all the sizes in the Rev6 if you'd like to demo one.

• Baller

@303Skier

I have a 68 and I couldn't get the offside to work at 6.865 .740.

I kept adding tip til I got to 6.875 and it started working well.

Then tried the deep shorter setup and it turned hard but was much slower.

So I went back to stock 6.865 but moved dft to ..710 and both sides are great now. Very fast now. 29 3/4

Stock depth.

Oh yeah 9 degrees instead of 9.5.

Matt

@mbabiash

Thanks, I will try a few different settings and report back! Spoke to @Martin today and he gave me 3 different settings to try as well...He said these should all work on 68 and others.

1) 6.865, 2.475, .71 to .74 - Stock/Greg

2) 6.840, 2.485, .72 to .74 - @Martin

3) 6.765, 2.495, .735 - other to try