REV 6

jetpilotg4

@skialex Yes, these numbers would be with a 2 gen slot caliper. If the ski came from Goode, they should be set to factory. But would definitely check. If you don't have a 2g slot caliper, I have a pretty close conversion going to tips.

Skied the 68" Rev6 last night...

Right away the Rev6 felt very stable and balanced. I can feel a sweet spot under my front foot that I don't feel on my Flex Tail. What was most noticeable about the Rev6 was how well rounded the ski felt from side to side. I've never had my off-side come under the line as well or as quick as it does on this ski. I also noticed that no matter how hard I got on the front of the ski, it always carried through the turn without digging or biting causing a break at the waist. My on-side was also very good and speed from ball to ball seems about the same as the Flex Tail. For me the extra balance and stability in the turns is worth upgrading. Getting my on-side and off-side balanced is always a pain. I've never jumped on a new ski and ran past my average and last night I did...I'm trying not to get ahead of myself because it's only my first set on the ski but I really loved what I felt!

The Flex Tail is still a great ski but the Rev6 is just a little more refined and classy!

68" 6.865, 2.475, .717, 29.75

• Baller

Rode the 66.5" Rev today! Wow realy interesting ski, felt very familiar, started at -22 went down to -32, run few and tried a couple of -35 (didn't run them, topical for me).

Ski came at exactly stock, 6.842 2.484 0.723. I was riding a bit on the tail at my off sides but still could run the pass, on sides were sharp and easy.

Ski is not mine, is for a friend who is lighter than me. I'm about 180 lb and I think that 67.25" would suit my style better. If it was mine I would have played with the boots a little bit, put a smaller wing and then try some small fin adjustments if necessary because it felt like riding with ease.

Unfortunately no more Rev rides for me,tomorrow I'm riding a prototype that my friend Savvas builds in Cyprus and to work on fine tuning it. He rode a personal PB last weekend in a tournament but the ski is far from fine tuned.

Now I'm more closespend $ on a 67.25" Rev.

Alex,

• Baller

I've been a little crazy with the ski buying this season. Started with a 16 Vapor and loved it. Great ski as everyone says. As an impulse buy I thought I'd try a Rev 6. Never skied a Goode before. Did not touch the fin or wing, just put the bindings on and skied it. Just like my last two skis (13 Quest, 16 Vapor), it was fantastic right out of the box with zero acclimation required. I'm glad I tried the Goode because it is a keeper. I knew it after the first pass. I don't even know what the fin settings are at, I don't plan on fooling with it because it feels great as it is. Here are my observations:

- Incredibly tactile and organic feel underfoot. I've never had a ski that felt so good to ride on. Hard to put my finger on this trait

- Forgiving almost to the point of utter ridiculousness

- "Pulls through" turns amazingly and predictably

- Has not surprised me yet, extremely stable, reliable and predictable

- Notably more work than the Vapor, I was huffing and puffing on my first set

- Notably slower out of the ball than the Vapor, I got used to this after 2 passes and forgot about it

I'm skiing at 34mph and I get mid-32 off on a pretty regular basis so that's the level of skiing I'm offering perspective from FWIW.

• Baller

@jhughes - We have lots in common. I've ridden 7 skis this spring. The last was the Vapor (until 3 days ago). Yeah, it easy to get wide, but for me it was like riding a bi-polar bronco at the bouy.

Strapped on a Rev6 for the 2nd round of Lymanland tourny and bam...best 1-ball at 38 I've had in a long time. I screwed up 2-ball and only got 1.5, but went on to get 4@38 on Sunday.

I agree with all 6 of your observations.

For me, the stable, fluid, predictable turns on both sides trumped the slight edge the Vapor (and others) has over the Rev6 on speed and carry.

• Baller

@jhughes Great review. I just demoed a Rev. been on it 2 times. I have to agree with all you said minus the comparison to the Vapor. Coming of a HO V-type I have been struggling for a year trying to get consistent. Never ran up to my personal best on the HO.

I equaled my best from the HO first set on the REV in some bad conditions. I have not met my lifetime PB but expect that to happen shortly. Running very consistently every set that I've been on it so far. (4 sets total) Think that Goode hit a home run with this ski. I'm pretty surprised I'm not hearing more about it.

• Baller
Goode offers 30-day money back guarantee if you don't love the ski. You just pay the shipping.

@Murrski
Do they really take ski back if there is let say little marks of use or whatever...?
I have negative experience with Goode even with obvious warranty case....

After skiing the Rev6 for the last month or so I've completed more 32 off passes then I ever have on any other ski proceeding it. My 2009 67" D3 Nomad was a distant second. I'm very close to making my 35 off's on a consistent basis, it will come soon.

- Stable underfoot

- Balance of cross course speed and stable turns

- forgiving

- Predictable

- Balanced off-side and on-side turns

• Baller
Curious as to who has tried or is using shims on their Rev 6? Where did you place them, and why? What were you trying to accomplish, and did it work? Thanks in advance...

• Baller
Curious as to who has tried or is using shims on their Rev 6? Where did you place them, and why? What were you trying to accomplish, and did it work? Thanks in advance...

• Baller

• Baller
The Rev 6 works great for a lot of skiers; but, some will prefer the non-flex tails, evident in the fact that they brought back the Nano 1 and XT for 2017. My Nano 1 broke in half so I was forced into the Rev 6 as they didn't make the Nano anymore (this was early August 2016). Then, a week later they reintroduced the Nano 1 and Nano XT. I rode the Rev 6 for a month and my performance suffered. I sent it back and opted for the XT; performance instantly rebounded. On the flip side, two of my ski partners went from old Nano 1s to the Rev 6 and they say it is the best ski they have been on, and their performance backs up those statements. Moral of the story is you gotta ride them both and figure out which one works for you.

• Baller_
Hmmmm.... bragging of a higher ranking against a guy that tests new fin settings and switches back and forth from double hard shells to an RTP on 2 different iterations of Denali test skis almost weekly may not be the best bench mark for a high performance comparison....actually now that you mention it, I'm feeling kinda good about my performances and ranking this past year.

• Baller_

I'm not a Goode guy so take this for what it's worth. I have several friends that rode the Flextail last summer and only one that is still on it, though he was badly hurt in September and hadn't skied since ( but he had a great hunting season as a result). His fall wasn't the ski's fault and he is is noticeably better on the Flextail. His first set on the ski was third round at a tournament and he had his best tournament score of the season to that point that set. He was on some other Goode (XT maybe) before the Flextail.

I haven't seen a Flextail come through LaPoints this Fall/Winter, but I have seen a handful of new Nano 1's. The Nano 1 seems somewhat rocker critical with the ski working better the more rocker it has. Not sure how you can make sure you are getting the good Goode when you buy. Maybe buy three and return two after trying all three. Also, if the ski feels like it has way too much drag across course, don't be afraid to go to 10 degree wing angle. Counter intuitive but it gives the ski lift and releases drag.

Lpskier