15off Help/Questions

lcgordon

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

The more your hips-forward posture improves, the less scary rough water becomes. However, you do want to seek the best conditions for practicing/learning/gaining confidence on your hardest pass.

I posted in another thread that confidence is a key factor to success. Basically, I feel that if we ski uncertain or defensively, we will not get as far in the pass. Clearly the basic skills must be present, but even with them, tentative skiing always fails. Confident skiing always reaches the full potential of the underlying skills. I am quite certain this is why Nate runs so many 41 off passes. He has confidence that he will run every one of them.

So, yes. Skiing more 36 MPH will help build familiarity and confidence. That will allow you to reach your skills' full potential.

• Baller
Yeah I feel less confident in practice than I do in the tournaments. Glass water every pass, a good zero off boat and good driver. I always seem to ski better. Plus Im so competitive and the adrenaline is up so I always ski my hardest.

• Baller
It's probably been discussed before, but now consistent should you be at 15 off 34 mph, before you go up to 36 mph? Actually I'm at 15 off, 32 mph and make it about 1/3 of the time and wonder if I should go to 34 sometime, like on my 2nd set or stay at 32 until I'm running it 75% of the time. Thoughts?

George A. Amonette

78 Water Oak Ln.

Jacksons Gap, Alabama

• Baller

Took a set this morning. Really wondering what is going on in my turns. Had it happen a few times this morning. It is in this video around 2 ball with the pass starting at 4:09. Its 34 15. I slowed the video down and the turn seems pretty good. Not sure what Im doing wrong but it really makes me tip toe in the turns.

• Baller

Man I think I had a skiing epiphany this morning. I was bummed because Wednesday my hips were farther back than previously. So this morning I thought about keeping my hips up and thats pretty much what happened. Most of my pulls my hips were up.

I think the key at least what I have noticed is getting enough water time and getting good enough that you can ski without thinking and just ski naturally. Then you have enough time to think about just one thing you need to work on. If you got to concentrate really hard on just turning without falling then pulling and being scared of the wake its too many things to think about when you add a technique change.

Thanks guys for all the help.