Going back to Wiley's

east tx skier

Went out for my first set of the year yesterday and saw that the outer shell on my Radar Strada boots was completely ripped away. It must have happened at the end of last year when pulling my foot out and I just never noticed it. Ski buddy kindly let me use his ski for a quick set, which was awfully nice of him.

At any rate, I still have my Wiley's and just put them back on the ski. Kind of excited to give them a go again. I liked the Stradas and spent several seasons on them. And I even got used to leaving the upper laces all loosey goosey.

So who among you have gone to contemporary bindings for a few years and gone back to Wiley's or comparable old school bindings. What can I expect? Did you stick with them?

Flip flops, eh? That doesn't sound so bad. ;)

This is the "Pro Build" front, which I think is akin to their jump boot. Little tighter across the arch. Glad I didn't sell them a few years ago. Not really in the mood to buy a new boot at the moment.

My prediction is that the Wiley's will feel a little be more stout (that's right, more) than the Strada's with the laces loose on top.