Correct Craft Pulling Ski Nautique Promo Program? (False Rumor)

303Skier

I've heard some rumors that Correct Craft is splitting up the ski and wake board boat divisions? I also heard this is the last year of the promo program and that Correct Craft hasn't made a profit on the 200/ski boat in years.

Is this true?

What does this mean for the sport and tournaments?

• Baller
Why would they split up the divisions, so that they have a low volume marginally profitable division? Hard to believe you would do that and why would anyone want to run it? Pretty hard to believe they are not making money on them even if 50% of the boats sold are at a discounted (still huge) price.

• Administrators
I just talked to a Nautique team member. They had no idea what where this rumor started. I am waiting for a call back from someone at CC HQ to confirm or deny.

• Administrators

I just got off the phone with Scott Livingston the National Promotional Team Coordinator

He told me that there is NO change on the 3 event side. There is no change in commitment to water skiing and the 200.

There is some sort of change on the wakeboard side but this is BallOfSpray so I do not care.

• Administrators
@303Skier the message I got from Scott is that they are committed for the foreseeable future. There's always crazy rumors and people misconstruing situations. It happens. There is actually some kind of divergence between the skiing and wakeboarding programs but their commitment to water skiing is unwavering

@Horton I hope you didn't mind me posting this but I was very surprised to hear this, especially from someone connected and working with Nautique. But sounds the information was wrong and probably (like you said) misconstrued. Glad to put this one to bed!

• Baller
Just a comment on profitability... I don't 100% know how CC's program works, but when I worked with MC, the promo guys essentially paid dealer cost, so whether a boat was sold to our dealership or a promo member was irrelevant when it came to profit per unit for the factory.

• Administrators
The crazy rumor that I heard was that they were going to make a special edition @Jody_Seal boat with wheelchair ramp, gigantic zero off display with magnifier and a special container just for Geritol

• Baller
@gregy Our dealership owner wasn't happy about the promo guy we had either, as it meant we potentially lost out on selling a used or dealer demo unit from our inventory later. BUT, it was only one boat a year, so it didn't break the P&L.

• Baller
Contrary to what you might think it appears Nautique has stepped up their support for 3 event skiing, production numbers are in the mid 400's as opposed to MC around 200 last year to mainly individuals. I have seen great support out of SN and MA and none out of MC. If I had to guess, and from what I'm hearing I would bet MC will be out of the tournament business in the next two years, no promo program to speak of, week long production shut down at the plant this time of year, it would have been nice to have had those promo orders, and it will be SN and Malibu's market with some going to Centurion.

• Baller

a bit off thread but further evidence of Correct Craft's; commitment to the water sports industry in general.

CORRECT CRAFT TO REPRESENT MARINE INDUSTRY AT NATIONAL PARTY CONVENTIONS

ORLANDO, FL (May 6, 2016) – Today Correct Craft CEO Bill Yeargin announced that Correct Craft will be partnering with the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) to represent both the marine industry and Correct Craft at this summer’s Republican and Democratic National Conventions.

During the conventions, the Correct Craft team will share both the significant impact of the marine industry on the U.S. economy and the unique Correct Craft story. At both conventions the Correct Craft team will have at least one boat on display in-water for convention attendees and press to enjoy.

Yeargin stated, “We look forward to working with the NMMA during both party conventions to share our Correct Craft story and educate attendees on the – often overlooked – impact of the marine industry on the U.S. economy.” “We believe that the numerous Governors, Legislators, elected officials, dignitaries, and press will enjoy learning about both our industry and Correct Craft. We know they will enjoy the boats!” added Yeargin.

About Correct Craft: Celebrating 91 years of excellence in the marine industry, Correct Craft is a Florida-based company with global operations. The Correct Craft family includes Nautique, Centurion, Supreme, Bass Cat, and Yar-Craft boat companies, Pleasurecraft Marine Engine Group, and Aktion Parks. For more information please visit Correct Craft

• Baller

CORRECT CRAFT TO REPRESENT MARINE INDUSTRY AT NATIONAL PARTY CONVENTIONS

ORLANDO, FL (May 6, 2016) – Today Correct Craft CEO Bill Yeargin announced that Correct Craft will be partnering with the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) to represent both the marine industry and Correct Craft at this summer’s Republican and Democratic National Conventions.

During the conventions, the Correct Craft team will share both the significant impact of the marine industry on the U.S. economy and the unique Correct Craft story. At both conventions the Correct Craft team will have at least one boat on display in-water for convention attendees and press to enjoy.

Yeargin stated, “We look forward to working with the NMMA during both party conventions to share our Correct Craft story and educate attendees on the – often overlooked – impact of the marine industry on the U.S. economy.” “We believe that the numerous Governors, Legislators, elected officials, dignitaries, and press will enjoy learning about both our industry and Correct Craft. We know they will enjoy the boats!” added Yeargin.

About Correct Craft: Celebrating 91 years of excellence in the marine industry, Correct Craft is a Florida-based company with global operations. The Correct Craft family includes Nautique, Centurion, Supreme, Bass Cat, and Yar-Craft boat companies, Pleasurecraft Marine Engine Group, and Aktion Parks.

• Baller_

Hard numbers from AWSA. Ski Nautique in the 2015 season pulled nearly 70% of all tournaments sanctioned.

Many times providing boats to tournament's when the other company's would not.

My hat's off to all the Promo Owners (of any manufacturer) who provide their boats to these tournaments. with out them at this point some tournaments might not exist.

Not Many MasterCrafts left here in the southern region. Mostly 200's and Malibu's. We see more Centurion's then MasterCraft. It is only a sign of the times.

And yes Nautique is on track to build over 400 of the 200's. Mostly due to the International contracts and exposure they have built up Nationally and world wide.

@Horton I prefer Boost over Geritol.

You can forward that Ex-lax order to that old dude in Coco Beach that now ski's jr girls speed! Get him an order of Depends also.

@Horton as far as I know when I asked for a promo boat I was told that all they will do is 10% over invoice, no requirements to bring it to a tournament etc. I know of at least one person who claims to have a "promo" master craft as he has been in the system a long time, but I don't know him or the whole story. It would be interesting if you cleared the air here about them as well? Two new MC's on my lake now but they were both the ski fly boats (with the engines changed).

In summary (I think) no one has a MC promo boat at SMRR (two ambassador boats though) and I couldn't get one when I asked and had cash, but maybe thats just me not being known enough.

• Baller_
There are MasterCraft promo boats in Michigan still. I personally know promo owners with 2016 boats. If it is a regional thing affecting the promo program, I have not heard anything about it.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
@Horton There are no MC promos in NY, I can only think of one in New England. The only tournaments I go to that are regularly pulled by MC are at Trophy or Florida. I have no inside info about the MC promo program.

Lpskier

• Baller
I guess it depends on where you live. I live 14 miles from MC factory and 19 miles from MA. There are 2 active MC promo guys within 20 miles of me with new boats they picked up at the end of last year. 1 has already pulled a collegiate tournament and has several more tournaments on the schedule for this year. It is an expensive endeavor to be a promo guy for any manufacturer and even though they are dedicated to the sport I am not sure they would do it if they were not getting credit. Most of the tournaments I go to are not represented by Nautique or Centurion. Since I live so close to the factories and ski at the old MC factory lake maybe I live in a bubble.