Dye a Vapor Boot?

Sethro

• Baller

So my 2011 Radar Strada boot has seen better days. I've found a 2014 Vapor boot in size 13-14 for a great price, but it's bright green. I just can't bring myself to mount a bright green binding to my new vapor. I'd be looking at it during the turns and telling myself it doesn't look right...lol

So is it possible to dye the green part of the 2014 Vapor boot? I'm usually a function over form kind of guy, as you can see by the attached pic of my current Strada "fix" but not in this case. But, the last thing I want is for the dye to stain my boat carpet.

rzjrjw9xbjoo.jpg

• Baller

Plasti dip? I haven't tried it, but it came to mind. I've been sporting the green boots on the 2016 Vapor, too. My son, grabbed some 2013 Boots (when they were all black, but same shell construction) to put on his 2016 Vapor. Look's great!

I wish Radar would sell their boots in all black. The annual color thing is a PITA in my opinion. Heck, maybe more people would buy them regardless of the brand of ski they are on.

• Baller

Well, I ordered the boot. I'm leaning towards the SEM Classic Coat Vinyl paint, but I'll probably see what the marker does first.

By the way @markchilcutt, your old boat skis great! My next door neighbor and myself are enjoying it immensely.

• Baller

@skialex

I want to paint ski (GoodeXT) into the other color with Celtic or Scotch pattern.

Do you have recommendations how to do this reliably so it will not be semi-Celtic / semi-Goode after using it for some time?

• Baller

@OldboyII I too ski on Goode XT, the top black and the painted part of the bottom are not the same as most Goodes. Color code is 17013, midnight black. I assume that you want to change the top color/pattern, I suggest to use a vinyl sheet with your preferred pattern/color. You need to use good quality same as the ones used to wrap cars.

If you are very talented, you can use masking tape for your patterns and spray the top with SEM Classic Coat sprays, but they only come in limited color choices.

You can also spray the top with an Air Brush and make some unique designs and shield it with SEM Clear Coat low luster in order to have a matte finish. I'm sending you a message with a ski that I have change the top.

• Baller

@skialex

Thanks! Replied in PM.

It is a part of plan to bring broken XT back to life. Later I will launch new thread with that story. At the end of project nothing should remind me that it is Goode ski :#

@Sethro

Apologies for invading to your thread! ;)

• Baller

I tried the Sharpie marker as I had that around the house. Interestingly, it dried to a strange bronze-like color. Better than green, but certainly not the professional finish @ToddL ended up with. I haven't decided if I'll just leave it, or get the vinyl paint. I'll probably see how what happens with a little use, and decide from there.

xutlpvl3tcll.jpg