Wakeboarding can be dangerous

• Baller

No love any where

These guys weren't doing any thing wrong just some kids out having fun

Would you rather them down at the mall breaking into your vehicle ?

The public water ways are for every one to use respectfully

Wake awareness my friends

• Baller
' just some kids out having fun '. yeah maybe. and maybe like they claim they approached him just to politely to ask why he was so upset. or maybe they were yelling ' you want some of this old man ' while holding up a gas can. or maybe what ever. thats the problem with brief news bites like that-you never know what part of the real story your getting if any.

• Baller
I've spent a lot time fishing in and around the intercoastal in Texas and there air oil crew boats, oil support boats, huge offshore fishing boats, barges. A wake board boat would be the least of your problems.

• Baller
@Andre, can you get a citation on the road for excessive speed if you are going below the posted speed? The answer is yes, if it creates an unsafe condition. Same idea with a boat. On most public waterways if moored boats are damaged by your wake, even in an area without wake restrictions, you can be held liable.

• Baller

@ski6jones I get your point.

But a moored sailboat in Fla. intracoastal means it's probably use in the open sea,where it will be shake by way bigger waves then a wakeboat...

Anyway,like @acmx said,Claudio got bigger problem on his ear! :)

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
Not to defend wakeboarders, but having spent a good bit if time navigating the narrow channels of the intra coast in my little 18ft bowrider....and passing 30-50ft boats, at full speed going the other direction......I agree, there are much worse things than wakeboard boats out there. If you are moored or docked at a location without wake restrictions, you should be prepared. That being said.....the wake boarders, and especially wake surfers are a bit of a nuisance, especially on the lakes.....those wakes and rollers are getting a little ridiculous to try to share the lakes with.

• Baller

Wake Awareness. It's a really good term. We need to promote it.

I've got a buddy who is a sponsored Axis guy, and he's incredible. His wake is unsafe for most other boaters. What do you do?

If it's a really high tide, he sweeps stuff off peoples docks. That's just not an acceptable thing.

Never point a gun at anything you're not willing to destroy- was he really willing to destroy some 15 and 16 year-old kids over having his boat rocked? It could have been a teachable moment with a younger generation about respecting others but instead he pulls out a S&W .357 revolver.

• Baller
@crashman has it exactly right. First thing they teach in concealed carry class is your firearm is to protect yourself or others when lives are in imminent danger only, which should be common sense...emphasis on should.