When Freeskiers Try The Course

Nautibynature

• Baller
@OB1 come down to Jacksonville and ski with @mjump and I on some public water. Ocean Pond in Osceola national park. If we can get in the course we do, if not there is always a long shore line to get in some turns. At least it's a good workout and the beer tastes good after

We may not be that good at the course(yet), but we give it our best and have so much fun. At 2:10 I found out what happens when you hit a bouy instead of skiing around it. I'm glad you guys like the video...We watch it and laugh so hard at our crashes. That's my wife that went out the front. Hopefully @Sethski, @Tevskis, and @CParrish43 can straighten us out a little in February.

• Baller

Oh I love these. It makes me realize, I am never allowed to take a beginner again without the camera rolling.

Notice a lot of these crashes are at the turn? This totally makes me think of @Than_Bogan 's little coaching essay he wrote and one particular phrase about beginners in the course. "you still think waterskiing is all about the turns." That one phrase just keeps flashing through my mind. I love it.

• Baller
I love it. I want to bet these guys $4,000 they won't mak it past 4 ball. They see us fighting -28 on the river. They always give us the "we've been skiing this river for years". I just want to tell them, "you've missed these 6 balls". They've been there since 1977. Awesome video. Thanks for showing us what we know. We don't often get to prove it.

@Horton I put a couple shots of my MC in this one for you. I seem to have this tendency to leave my hips at the entry gates lol. It's amazing how quick I lose focus on form when I try the course. @aupatking my buddy that had the most crashes had a couple 6 bouy passes too but I had already deleted them. My wife has made it around 2 ball. I wish we had been exposed to course skiing years ago. First time I ever skied one was in Acapulco for my 40th birthday.

• Administrators
@Nautibynature I had a 91 that looked like that except yours is beautiful and my had never been washed or loved and had thousands of hours on it.

• Baller

Lol, that's awesome @Nautibynature. The guys that eat it the hardest make passes, but may not make it to see 50.

I'm saying, anyone who has never tried the course, does not make it first pass at 34mph. If I had 100 guys lined up, I'd have $400,000. It's also the only way I might take the the bet. I'd be happy being proved wrong, with $396,000 in my hand.