US Open

ALPJr

• Baller

Plan for tomorrow is to start the 2nd round of the BD over again at 7:30 if, and only if, it looks like the forecast says we can run the FULL round of skiers. If not, scores for the top 16 will be used based on round 1 and we start at 8:30 am. No dual boats in Main. BD skiers will stay on Turnpike and US Open will have the Main lake to themselves to help catch up.

If we do run the 2nd round, we will go straight into the top 16 on turnpike.

An incredible amount of work goes into these events. It's unfortunate for spectators and skiers, but the weather was really dangerous. Hope to get it done tomorrow.

• Baller

I was for a while and saw some, but left when it was obvious the weather had set in. This time of year usually clear blue sky's with puffy clouds till ~2, crap rolls in, inch or two of rain, clears by 5-5:30 and gorgeous till dark. I get most my sets in around 6 (don't ski Okee but close by).

Today it is solid, still socked in, raining with lightening here and there. A front pushing through.

• Baller

Looks like US Open MSL Round 1 is over, finally. Nate just ran the top score of 4 @ 41,

showing that he is apparently recovered. Also eliminating the need for a runoff for 8th place.

It took 1.5 @ 41 or more to get into the top 8 for the next round. That is, if the event is

keeping to the posted schedule.

• Baller

Go to the Big Dawg link, and scroll down-down past the preliminary scores, and then

click on "Brackets" at the very bottom.

The round of 16 is over. Originally, the H to H matchups for the Elite 8 and beyond were

supposed to be under the lights this evening, but that may have changed, especially

depending on the weather outlook. Currently, at Noon, rain is nearby, just offshore.

These 8 advanced: David Miller, Seth Stisher, Greg Badal, Darin Montgomery, Jeremy

Newby-Ricci, Jason Seels, Jeff Rodgers, Fred Halt.

• Baller
@greg what camera mount. The camera is back at the seat about head level. Just had a clear shot at the pylon and nothing attached to it except a 0.5m rope and carabiner. Where is the sensor for the servo and what does the camera mount look like? Anyone that can take a few pictures??

• Baller
@bill22 yeah I see the camera on the bow. Clearly not the camera they're using on the broadcast. Most of the bow mounts use a RC servo controller somewhere on shore with whoever is "driving" the camera watching the video live on a monitor. The only sensor controlled camera mount I've seen (actually used) was very sensitive relative to line length and the speed differences cross course. I'm interested to know if they've found a better solution for a sensor control.

• Baller

Men Jumping Finals: 2 jumps?! That sucked. Event finished with plenty of time left,

although Ryan needed just one jump for the win.

Correction: Women also got just 2 jumps in the Finals. With Friday's weather, the event

schedule was modified. Weather loomed a bit on Saturday, but didn't hit. However, the

course changeover after the first round of jumping took over 2 hours before the first slalomer

ran in Women SL Finals. So, things ran late. Spazzovian.

SL high-mounted boatcam: Murphy's Law rides again!