BallOfSpray will be 8 years old this weekend

Horton

• Administrators

@scotchipman BallOfSpray existed in 2 previous incarnations. The site became what is now in Dec 2008 and traffic started growing. This forum database does date back to May 2007.

Here is the first ever front page story Adam Cord Interview

• Administrators

@scotchipman it really started with @skidawg @DW @MS @jdarwin and I am not sure who else as the Slalom Tweakers forum. I think that is what it was called.

It was around the same time I was doing CarbonFins.

• Baller

@horton this site lead me to change boats (again), upgrade my ski, upgrade my handle, upgrade my bindings, buy my wife a knew ski, upgrade my daughters ski, change my handle grip (which went against everything my mind told me was correct about skiing) and think/talk about skiing waaaay too much. All since September of 2015. Wife thinks I'm insane. But I keep telling her she got a knew ski out of it annnnd it got me into 35off!

And as a huge bonus, I have 3 little first mates (8, 6, &2) that are all getting more interested in chasing buoys.

BOS rocks!

• Baller_
Congrats on the B-day for the site, very cool. I find the site to be offer a great wealth of information thanks not only to your hard work, determination, passion, and insight, but also thanks to the excellent contributions from the membership. Keep up the great work. It has been interesting to follow the transitions and the path followed for a hard core water skier site and a great place to get unbiased and biased product reviews, comments, share ideas and follow various topic debates.

• Baller

Really brings the ski community closer...like you already know the people at tourneys even if you've never met them. I had a BOS t-shirt on boat judging while @RazorRoss3 was driving. While shortening the female skier in the water says "hey, are you the Ross boys from ballofspray?" We say "Yep razorross3 and 6balls". She says "I loved reading the posts about your father and grandfather after he passed...what a great family"

That was pretty cool and certainly wouldn't happen without this site.