Brenda (InTow) recommendation

JAG

• Baller

I need a new handle as my older InTow is worn out.

It's a straight 1.00" dia. but I've been thinking of going with a bent handle. The 1.00" dia. always felt too thin and I'm thinking I'd like something a little thicker too, but I've not been able to try one.

What would I gain with a bent handle, with a slightly larger diameter?

thanks

• Baller

My ski partner just bought a Masterline Carbon Custom 13 1.092. The only thing I don't like is, now I'm out $129 because I have to buy one. Without question, the best handle I've ever used.

Smaller diameter handles eat my hands up. Seems they roll around in my hands more. It becomes more than a discomfort issue when the water gets warm 80-85+. At those temps, I rip pieces of my hand off. Bigger diameter helped that immensely. Straight vs bent is preference. I don't like bent, but people say it helps with tendonitis, which is a pretty big plus. I just don't like them.

HO Syndicate makes a nice 1.062 that I've got zero complaints with as well.

• Baller

Advertisers here:

Centurion Boats, Connelly, DBSkis , Goode , HO Syndicate, Mapple , Masterline, O'Brien, Perfomance Ski and Surf, PTM Edge, Reflex, Rosewater, Radar, Great Lakes, Wakeye, Stokes

Support them, they support our sport...and without a doubt Masterline supports our sport exponentially compared to In-Tow...Not trashing them but Masterline deserves our dollars (along with those relevant advertisers)...They do more for our sport in R&D, sponsorship and support locally, nationally and internationally than In-Tow ever has or ever will...Just my $0.02

• Baller

@jayski Yoiur a bit off the mark with your last comment. Cool, point out and support the advertisers who support this site. To take a shot at a quality ski industry company is uncalled for.

In-tow is innovative, and man its ropes. Not a whole lot to innovate there. Her crossbar is a great offer and really works. Beautifully done spectra handles. That neat tie off at the loops Masterline now uses also on its top ropes. She is always looking to improve the product.

In-tow is pretty much a one-woman shop and will make a rope any way you want, half loops, additional loops, only to -28 and the like. With great care and great accuracy. Every rope is to order so you won't see her products at your local ski shop. But you will find them on the docks across the country and the world. As a small operation pretty sure she has no budget for advertising. Her product does her advertising for her.

BTW, you getting off your WONE and on a Radar, Connelly, DBSkis, Goode, HO Syndicate, Mapple, or O'Brien any time soon? When it comes to support for competitive skiing with sponsorship and innovation over the years gotta give it to Goode.

• Administrators

@bigskieridaho No

Brenda builds a good product but Russell builds the industry standard product and supports this web site.

I do not mind skiers saying they like Brenda's products but there is a limit. BallOfSpray is a business that is supported by advertisers who wish to market to the Ballers.

• Baller

@scotchipman Masterline does offer a handle guard handle and spectra rope. The spectra is a coated spectra where in tow is not coated leaving the fibers exposed. Just call Randy and ask for it. It's more then just a price of rope across the V. here is a pic. b7r4nhhx56zi.jpg

• Baller

@dave2ball Well if you haven't seen you haven't been watching...

I stand by my initial post. "Cool, point out and support the advertisers who support this site. To take a shot at a quality ski industry company is uncalled for." It is possible to support something or someone without having to tear down or denigrate it's opposition. Masterline does many good things for the industry and makes great products both of which can and should be touted. Knocking on In-tow, particularly when incorrect, is not necessary to do so.

@Horton Sorry you feel my post was over the limit. Was just meant to be a direct rebuttal to a post I believe to be incorrect with a few points to show why incorrect. Open debate and discussion usually supported on this site. No worries, your site, your rules.

@MickeyThompson I'd tell you but they are not an advertiser, already in the doghouse. Do a BOS forum search on WONE.

• Baller

@BRY if you feel I was "taking a shot" you were grossly misinterpreting what I wrote. I suggest investigating further into the facts in regards to both companies "support" of our sport. I will stand by my statement that Masterline is a exponentially grandeur supporter than In-Tow. Facts easily prove such...

In regards to the personal "shot" of what ski I ride and my support, I currently have 2 O'Brien G5's, an HO V-Type, a Goode XT, the Wone, a Warp, a new HO V-Type X on the way, using a HO syndicate hardshell with a Reflex R_style rear, shop at Performance, have 4 Masterline ropes and at least 4 handles, half dozen Masterline gloves, a PTM mirror on my boat, I don't ride a Mapple but I do frequent LaPoints ski park so I indirectly support them and the Wakeye XTG with the Wakeye app!! (FYI nothing is more than 2 seasons old and....I have a spending issue is there a support group, my wife might appreciate it)

• Baller
Hmmmm....... I like In-Tow because of the mini loops and free extra training loop and I like to support small businesses having been one myself. But I also respect Masterline's quality and marketing support within the industry and on BOS. I am actually am ordering a In-Tow rope AND ML handle this week. So BOS isn't a 'free and open forum' ???.....there is a DJT/Russia/Media joke in here somewhere. ;-)

• Baller
I use only InTow ropes because I like to get a couple of extra loops in my rope. Something you CANNOT do with Masterline. Its also kinda cool to be able to chose the color you want in the rope section going out to the handle. And I love the knotless design that Brenda was the first to come out with.

• Administrators
@swc5150 I disagree with this premise. A larger handle has always make me feel like I use more forearm strength and is easier on my hands. I have heard that a larger handle is easier on tendons. These two ideas are a clear contradiction. Confussed? You are welcome.