Shorty or top for Spring

Cumby85

• Baller
I do not like cold water! Am looking at getting a new shorty or possibly a top for the spring. I have never used a top. My objective is to stay comfortable so I will enjoy skiing in cooler weather/water. Would love to hear some thoughts on what people prefer using to keep them warm in the Spring and Fall. I'm in the Southeast.

• Baller
I used my shorty almost exclusively this winter/spring up till a few weeks ago. Horton had a nice Stokes one that had long sleeves and short legs. That looked perfect. Mine has short legs and sleeves but is plenty good down to low 60's.

• Baller
Either a Camaro top or long wetsuit, no shorty. I wear the long wetsuit down to water temps in low 50's and am comfortable. I've skied sets with the long wetsuit and most of the inside of the wetsuit was dry.

• Baller
@Cumby85 - I ski in a drysuit in the winter then transition to top, no shorts (wetsuit shorts that is). I have two tops that fit slightly different. One is a little baggier and I do get water coming in. The other fits much more snug and you do get wet, but it keeps me plenty warm. It is a wetsuit top, not a drysuit top. I wear a pullover vest, very snug, over the top and it works well. Personally I don't see a need to buy a shorty. But, I have an above average cold tolerance and for some reason really don't like wearing wetsuits.

• Baller
Camaro full or a Camaro top. Today the first set in the morning was with the full, and the second set was with just the top. Tomorrow it will be just the Camaro top for both sets. The O'Neil drysuit gets only used now for really cold days (early March and late November)

• Baller

Hmmm. Season start yesterday. Water just above freezing. 35mph wind did warm it up a bit.

Drysuite. 3mm socs. Neo binie. 0.5mm latex, nurse gloves under ski gloves.

I always ski in long suites. If you need to put on a suite why not stay as warm as feasible?

Ok we seldom get warm water in Sweden at all....

• Baller
Having sold tons of Camaro and Eagle Shortys and Tops over the years...Shortys are money if they fit right in the legs, but that is a long shot. Your chest and legs have to be right in line with the brands proportion. A top is a much easier match, if its not enough you can always add a pair of insulated liners under your board shorts.