Stock ski settings database

santangelo

• Baller

Mobile app for stock ski settings for many of the more popular ski's.

If you have data not in my list, please sent to me and I'll add as long as I can confirm the data is accurate with the manufacturer.

iTunes Store for Apple

Google Play for Android

The next release will have details on how the manufacturers measure the settings, however, some do not document this...according to their website.

Also, let me know of any bugs/inaccuracies you may find.

Thanks,

Paul

• Baller

@gsm_peter , I'll open it up to Sweden on the next release.

@"Mateo Vargas" , certainly possibly, but not where I want to spend my time developing the app at this time. I would need to get permission from the manufacturers to do so.

• Baller_
This is great!! I would have payed money for this app. I tried it for a 2012 HO S2 and compared it a screen shot offering from their web site back then and it's spot on. I would have payed $$ for this app.

• Baller

Great app. Thanks Paul.

@"Mateo Vargas" good one. Nearly spit my coffee out. This is funnier. Yesterday I was pulling the shrink wrap off your new Mastercraft. I could barely see the blue gelcoat. It is red now.

• Baller

@"Keith Menard" , not anytime soon, but possibly in the future. In my research a few companies have one of the team members settings as recommended, such as Connelly and Goode. There may be limited value there, but I think it's highly dependent on your skill level to get value out of 'professional' level settings.

I think more value would come from knowing other skiers settings in your skill range. Working on that one now.

• Baller

Updated with how manufacturers measure their settings. Many do not document how they measure on their website, so I'll try to contact them directly to get their method.

I also added many older D3 models. Thanks to @Shortenit for pointing out an error in one of the D3 settings (older/revised setting).

@drmwheldy , if you can get the Jobe settings, send them my way...I couldn't find them.

Thanks to @SkiJay for letting me know it was not available in Canada for Android...it is now available there as well.

• Baller

Thank you @santangelo it makes my work on skis much easier, especially the feature that you save the settings and you access them anytime without cell or wifi coverage. In my workshop sometimes I have to go outside or next room to get coverage and download settings and then if I need to refresh the page I have to go again.

Great and very helpful app!!

• Baller

OH MAN! I was going to make a web site to do this, but got so caught up with work the last few months I have not had time to complete it! Well done. Now I have to think up another use for the domain I purchased, waterskitech.com. Ha ha... Maybe I should just have links to these two apps.

Paul - sent you an IM. I have some settings in my database that you do not.

Kevin

• Baller

I'm sure there's only so much you can do, but I have a 2012 vice c and a 2012 radar senate. I don't see them on there. Would love to. I do understand, however, that 2012 skis are probably not your highest priority.

Thanks

• Baller

Fantastic effort. thanks for putting it together.

I am struggling to remember what it was called exactly.. skitek.net? PJ McMillan and/or Chris Rossi's old website, had a decent amount of fin setting data. obviously for skis several years old now, but it would be fantastic if their efforts were not lost completely and it could be incorporated into your app.

• Baller
Lieutenant Dan - do you have access to the ski settings part of proskicoach.com? I tried to go pull the data but it says you have to be a member to go to that page. But when I try to become a member it leads to a dead website. If someone can pull that data before it disappears forever that would be great.

• Baller
@KRoundy I'm able to get to the data through the Slalom Ski Guide then manufacturer (e.g. Radar) then selecting a year and ski e.g. 2011 Strada. There are tables with recommendations from different pros e.g. Rossi for the different lengths. I can't figure out how to copy and paste the tabulated data here.

• Baller
Added some additional skis from @KRoundy ...thanks for those. We have over 400 combinations now. There's a few obvious ones that are missing (like Radar Vapor 2015/16), so will try to get the data in the next few days.