Where did you ski this weekend/week thread.

sunvalleylaw

• Baller

A thread so we can share pics and tales of where we skied. Sharing the stoke.

This weekend, it was Father's Day weekend at Redfish Lake, Idaho. Water was still cold from snow runoff and the lake was pretty high. Rained hard Friday night, then turned nice for the remainder of the weekend. Who else got some in this weekend?

r7zo8mj3wyd0.jpg

dj06j7mcd3uv.jpg

syjmix3h913w.jpg

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
I didn't get to ski but I did go out to a tournament to see friends on Sunday. It was great seeing my ski friends and watching some skiing. The tournament in Mass this weekend had the highest numbers in years for both jump/trick day on Saturday and slalom on Sunday.

• Baller

Our lake in Essex, IL. Start of a new Father's Day tradition, sking with my son. He wanted to ski the course together so we went through the gates, he did 1-3-5 and I did 2-4-6, and both out the gates. It was fun, kind of looked like Newton's craddle. :)

rsa3mew7tt6h.jpg

• Baller

Saturday night, for shenannigans, my buddy and I were going to do a head to head comparison of his ancient Connelly Super Glass and my slightly less ancient Connelly Shortline. Rain was starting to push in hard but dads and kids wanted to ski. My 12 year old daughter rode the Super glass. My 10 year old son doesn't slalom yet so he rode both at the same time...in the rain. Then dads rode them. Interesting to feel the evolution of ski design that was probably 35-40 years ago. Not my ski, but here is a picture of the same vintage and graphics. Any info on when this ski was made?

http://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/Z4cAAOSwB-1Y6YQK/s-l225.jpg

• Baller

"Becky seems to be enjoying her skiing, @Skid !

Not so sure about the other three ladies, though..."

Not sure why you would say that? Bizarre comment as I didn't see you riding in the boat when I pulled my wife, both sets, nor when the other 2 women were skiing.

• Baller

Retract my earlier statement as I didn't see that Skid had posted that video, good stuff! I apologize. Skid, she and I had fun so that's what counts.

Yes she had a few thrown fists and smiles after some passes. Great day on the water.

• Baller

I was down with the family at Smith Mountain Lake in VA. First time I've had access to a course since I was fairly young and had no business trying it.

I made it through at 15off @ 28 mph (ignoring the entrance gates). Maybe not impressive, but it was nice to get a chance to try. I have tomorrow to tackle 30 mph, weather permitting.

qvljqkdghruk.jpg

• Baller
@DaveD, no sh*t. This has to be the windiest spring early summer in quite awhile. If we wait until 8 or so the wind usually dies down but then the setting sun makes it tough to see the balls in one direction. But at least the water is flat!

• Baller

It was a Malibu day, and mine wasn't even there.  Got invited to my buddy's place at a local ski lake and look what I saw.

New 2017.  Got to ride and spot from it.  

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/Skiing/F45D75F6-CDD6-49CF-8BF2-66D6B5F4BD6D_zpsnpgb9eg4.jpg~original

My buddy's boats.  The red and grey sparkle is a 2013.  The blue in the foreground is his 2015, which I skied behind.  Love that boat!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/Skiing/E751BA85-160D-4880-AAB5-D0E26FF92F5E_zpspliypflp.jpg~original

Conditions were pretty nice too.  That is the 2017 out on the water.  :D

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/Skiing/7CC95BA1-A0F6-4DBE-AB17-DF15AD145CD6_zps9u9gvrpu.jpg~original

An amazing day. Got 2 sets of 6 passes each, and one set of 4 passes (was getting tired). Slowed things down and worked on some timing and gate stuff, and got further used to my new ski. Also, at the suggestion of my buddy, started dropping at the islands instead of spinning. Felt like I made a little progress. And Tons of fun!

​​​​​​​

• Baller_

Lake Jillian today. Got a trick and slalom set in as did Dr. Moe and newbie Chris. Till weather chased us out.

Yesterday skied SRB with Adam P and English Al. Moe took a jump and trick set. I took a slalom on the big lake 1 with rough conditions. Fun weekend...

• Baller
@shansen345 , my brother and his boat partner, and a bunch of other guys ski Lake Washington (early usually, before it turns into lake Washing Machine) out of Lake Forest Park. They are in a green Tige' when they are out. Though I am originally very much a Pierce County guy, I never have skied at Ski Park or the other ski lakes out there.