Where did you ski this weekend/week thread.

sunvalleylaw

• Baller

I live in NORTHERN MN. and skied fri and the air temp was 52 and the water 57.Had my oneill top and body glove shorts and was warm enough.Once I got in the boat turned on the heater and it was a great day.This coming week we have a heat wave coming with temps in the 60 to 68 range.Fall is great.................nxzn1sb25pzj.jpg

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
@MS Yes you will have some warm days and nights.You are usually 8 to 10 degrees warmer than we are in the north woods.Thanks for the tip on the ski gloves.I really like them and they have not worn out.Keep skiing.............ENJOY THE FALL EVERYONE!!!

• Baller
Got a couple sets in. Wore my wetsuit Fri night but decided not to use it Sat morning. The water is getting in the low 60's, but it still felt great to be the only boat on the lake, the trees alive with color.

• Baller

Saturday night, late.

Spent the day removing all the ski club member's docks, lifts. Around 6pm, the wind died down and four of us, on a buddy's porch, watching the sun get low, tired, drinks in hand, all looked at each other and said, "screw it, we gotta go one last time".

The water was maybe 59F, but with the extra shots of Maracme tequila, we didn't even slip on our wetsuits.

It was probably the most "fun" skiing of a GREAT year of skiing, running way past dark........:)

• Baller
Last ski of the season 10/22/17 and have skied regularly all month, pretty late for Adirondacks. Pulled the boat after skiing yesterday, air 73 water 58 no problem, just a shorty suit. (Last yr same date it snowed 3"s). October has been really nice, makes up for a lot we missed in the cool wet summer months. Days are just too short now. Snow ski season should be starting in a month or so, on to the next skiing obsession.

• Baller_
I was in the Adirondacks last week too. Beautiful weather but about 50/50 when we skied in the am. Much more reasonable back home at LaPoint Ski Park, where all the women are strong, the men are good looking and the children are above average. Oh, and air and water are still in the eighties. Just sayin...

Lpskier

• Baller
@"Keith Menard", the skiing yesterday was awesome. Water was as close to glass as we will probably ever see, air temperature 78, water temperature who knows but warm enough (for me at least) for just a ski vest. Even the couple of morons on a pontoon boat that decided to cut in front of us was a minor inconvenience in the big picture of a great day on the water. How late will we ski this year??

• Baller

This is our public course in Orlando, very conveniently hidden where nobody can see it! The road widening project of Interstate 4 brought the new shoreline 10 feet too close to one of the turn balls. The city told us we had to remove the course but we said were there first! The city then agreed to pay to move the course a little further from the shoreline and pay for a professional survey and re-installation by Eddie Roberts the course guru, should happen in the next few months! If you're in town come ski!

BIG thanks to Commissioner Robert Stuart for coming to our aid and Mayor Buddy Dyer's office for keeping our 40 year old course in the lake!

• Baller

Hey had to get on this thread, skied the historic site in California known as 'The Pond' today, which is back in action after extensive work on the part of Water, Parks and the Santa Clara Water Ski Club. The Pond is full, water temp was 62 deg at the dock today, and we have seen some summer like weather until today, which portends more fall like conditions. Clean water and thanks to all in SCCWSC for getting us here!oz9lkyl5b6vj.jpg

• Baller_
@Horton, that is the wildest looking instrument panel I've ever seen in a boat. I'm not sure of the purpose of the hazard switch on the steering column, unless it blinks the navigation and stern lights in an SOS pattern. But, the most puzzling part appears to be gear selections. The new BOS Prostar is very advanced.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.