Where did you ski this weekend/week thread.

sunvalleylaw

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

y3tziapjoy7t.jpg

Our 3 year old finally made the move to giving skiing a shot this weekend and she was having a BLAST! We will have to use our actual camera to get some better pictures but she even did some waving. I cant wait to get out on the kneeboard with her.

• Baller
No pics but went down to Magic Res. on the 3rd. My daughter, who normally likes to wakeboard, got up on skis for the first time, on her second try. :) My son tried out his new to him X7 and really enjoyed it. He went for it pretty hard and felt how physically demanding skiing can be if you are trying to go for it. :) I am going to fiddle with the fin and binding placement a little to help him bring the tip down a bit. Well, one of those at a time I mean.

• Baller

gpjrx0ootc9o.jpg

ndg1zknhuk64.jpg

Went up to Seattle with my kid for a punk rock show, and brought my ski to ski with my brother, with whom we crashed for the night, on the north end of Lake Washing Machine (Washington) early this morning. Conditions were nice! These pics are of the owner of the boat I ended up in. 3 or 4 boats out this morning, and enough water for all!

Nice to end up getting a couple early morning runs in before crawling back in the car for the long drive back!

• Baller

d7i6ar9i0huh.jpg

1nt4xg3dzzyr.jpg

Skied the past week with Austin at his newly opened ski school (Abel Ski School) @ Mystic Waters, NC. Wow - What a site! Scenic, serene, one of a kind, ... words doesn't do it justice.

Was a nice break from the (too) hot Florida water.

The coaching wasn't so bad either. ;)

• Baller_

Skied this weekend at SRB. Florida state championships and Cory Pickos pro...

Nearly 10 state records set. Brook Baldwin three state records in girls 3. one of which was 3@10.75. This girl is going to run and own the 39 pass for sure very soon.

Long standing womens 1 jump record broken (on her Birthday) by Dr. Monica Seal 119' previously held by past US team member Liza Harrision and owned since 1988 at 117'.

Scott Ellis open men 222'. Boz matched his state record as did Trish her record and Jenna Morgan her record.

US junior open overall winner Kennedy Hansen broke the State G-2 jump record;

88 entry's in this two round event with some prize money to the open/pro division. This event also included a separate Internationale junior division's.

2 rounds with the first round the championship round for Florida state skier's

175 rides on two lakes each day for 3 day's.

The Pro/open division was a $1000 per event total purse $6000. Winner take all, best round wins!

Pro winners:

Martin Kolman Men tricks

Danny Odvarko Men Slalom/ 2@10.25

felipe Miranda Men jump. 226' also National Chile jump record.

Kate Adriensen Women jump 159'

Anna Gay Women trick

Brooke Baldwin Women slalom./3@10.75

All in all great weekend of skiing and the junior party at Uncle Bucks was great!

• Baller
@bigskieridaho , I had a goal of coming down and entering a tourney at your lake late this year. It would be my first tournament ever. I am not on track as I do not even have a decent gate figured out yet. But I have not given up on this season yet!!

• Baller
@sunvalleylaw Just come out and do it! Doesn't matter how you do, it is fun and gets you some experience. My tournament performance has been sub par trust me....should come out and ski with me sometime! Gates are my issue too. Do great in practice, tournaments I seem to forget how. I am skiing at Broho on the 19th hoping to redeem myself!

• Baller
@bigskieridaho I have been in a course well under 10 times all summer. And was still warming up and getting used to my new ski most of those times and didn't really try to ski the course. Was hoping for more, but not panning out that way yet. Magic has been too full of wood (only public course close, where I had hoped to spend more time) and other than that, I have to be invited to someone's place to ski course. However, may just have to try anyway. Will try to make it over your way for sure, if only to ski. But hopefully will just take the plunge and enter one.

• Baller

@Booze its always fun watching new victims i mean skiers at Quickset!

Enjoyed meeting and skiing with you this weekend! When i figure out how to post a video y'all are going to get a kick of Josh Harris and his click it or ticket out the front, gate shot at Cedar Ridge

• Baller

Up at Redfish Lake yesterday, then down at Black Butte Ranch today. Both fun. Very different types of skiing. Even my wife got out and skied yesterday. She enjoys being out in the boat and is a good driver, but it is pretty rare that she actually skis. Fun to see her out!

862lbz48dg1e.jpg

• Baller

@OB1 one of my favorite lakes is the launch lake at skiwatch. I love the pics of the other lakes on this thread that look like narrow, tree-lined course set ups...lakes like that just make me wanna ski.

Now I'm not particular...I'll ski just about anywhere...but I love a narrow tree lined uninhabited set up.