Where did you ski this weekend/week thread.

sunvalleylaw

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

@bassfooter we did not have drysuits on, yet just a camaro suit, and it was awesome skiing:) we just pulled the Carbon Pro last weekend, but looking at the glass lake yesterday was making us wish we had not!

Switching gears now to indoor tennis and travel which will of course involve some skiing:)

• Baller

OK, re-boot. Post your skiing and fun. All skiing is good, but extra points for family and friend skiing and introducing new people to the fun that skiing is.

No self points awarded, but it was so fun that I have to share that I did have a great day with Muffy Davis and her husband Jeff Burley, their daughter Elle (10) and my daughter Anneka (15). Elle killed it on her first runs ever and is immediately an addict. My daughter Anneka had two firsts. After getting up a couple times last year on a slalom ski by dropping (she always wakeboarded before), she successfully deep water started a few times on a Connelly Crossfire oversized ski, and then shredded it, standing very well and naturally on the ski and getting outside both wakes turning easily back and forth. So happy about that! After she is sure she has the deep water start down, will try her on a nicer slalom.

Also, Anneka pulled me for the first time under the guidance of Jeff, and did well in a fairly tight little bay we were skiing in, with turns similar in size to a slalom lake. Really excited about that too, as now I have a driver in training.

Jeff skied, after not having skied in a few years, and is motivated to continue. I freeskied and felt good. A little bit Aussie water, but that's ok. Helps me keep my knees softer and not tempted to lock out. Decided to freeski at 28' off today to play with a little swing and work on hooking up the power triangle with good position on the ski.

It was amazing to watch Muffy, who is a former paralympian and medalist in snow skiing and cycling, handle herself in the boat with no special accommodations, and ski turning and cutting hard, with no control of her body below the center of her sternum. Pretty amazing. Inspiring to the rest of us to get on with it and live. She really enjoyed it, and I think this will turn into a fairly regular family day for us.

Sorry, no pics this time for me. I was having fun and left the phone in the truck. Next time. We were at Magic Reservoir south of Hailey and Sun Valley. Pretty windy for us at first, but it settled down and things got a lot nicer by evening time on these long nights we are having this time of year.

Also, my Response LX is such, such an improvement over our old outboard in terms of not only wake and pull, but safety in and out of the boat, skiers on and off the step, etc. Though we got it done with the old outboard, it was a bit of a shite show by comparison. Happy skiing!

• Baller

Just some free-ski pics from my annual family trip to Puget Sound. These pics were taken in Dabob Bay, across from Seabeck, and near the Bangor naval sub base, at Hood Canal.

Skied with my brothers behind an older Glastron outboard. No, it is not nearly as good as my even older Malibu RLX. But, it was glassy, and I had a ton of fun just ripping around with the Olympic Mountains towering over us, sea lions checking us out, and not a care in the world. Good times.

ksbs6n5i810d.jpg

5s102s8epzix.jpg

8izs1ad7nzvc.jpg

f0njzcbwqrt8.jpg

jsln1e1ksydv.jpg

p96vyb3jdk7d.jpg

jfl7w4ssijuo.jpg

PS, my youngest brother really liked my ARC and scared himself a little with the speed it would develop for him. Though he also really liked the Omni he tried the week before. My other brother was on his trusty Nomad.

• Baller

Arsky Lake. Was lucky enough to be able to help teach 3 more first-timers to ski and wakeboard this past weekend. Barefooted for the first time in three years - fell hard enough to rip a bf suit to shreds. Also, so much slalom that I can hardly lift my arms today. Good times.

mbwe6rv63y1t.png

• Baller

ebm2vx16xlr0.jpg

@jjackkrash very kindly gave me and my son a couple pulls in a very nicely maintained course behind an awesome boat! He is a great guy. He also encouraged my son to try the course for the first time (see above) and my son dug it, and now wants more. :smiley: I was able to give our host a couple pulls too. Thanks so much @jjackkrash ! Hope to have a chance to return the favor in Idaho if you are ever around!

This is what you get when you can’t make it to the public lake until after nap time...

ble8eqt4q6oa.jpeg

Not complaining though, everyone skied a little and my wife even got some clean passes in the course.

Plus I got this sweet shot of @Jaypro cranking along next to his boat’s ancestor!

1q2zilm3jl9y.jpeg

• Baller
@igkya good eye, you are correct. The rope is on a cut down fly hi that is approx 16 inches or so higher than the standard height pylon. We just grabbed a few quick pulls at the end of the day instead of switching things out. The angle can mess with you a little bit though.