KD Waterskis back?

• Administrators
The brand has been in Australia for a number of years. There is some rumor that there could be product in the US again. When and if this happens is anyone's guess.

• Baller_
That raised flame element on the top of the ski was cool when they did it yrs and yrs ago. Especially in the black and color scheme they had going on. What I see as unique is the profile. Long and straight from just after the tip curve to the back of the front boot and then closes fast to a pin tail. There was another ski on the market that had that similar profile...don't remember which.

• Baller
KD is now owned by the same fella who owns Jobe Watersports Aus (independant importer who is also the Aus distributor for Mapple). I'm not sure about naming him here, but he is well known in the tournament scene and his son is one of the best trickers going around.

• Members
Irrespective of who owns KD, it seems to be a good ski. Terry is very consistent on it. Both of my sons tried it and ran their personal best on it the first set. I haven't tried it (Terry didn't have a 67), but from what I can see, it is the real deal.

• Baller
@Horton yeah sorry, didn't think that one through did I. Didn't think it was a secret, I just feel uncomfortable dropping names that's all. Side note, he got one of our club members onto a KD trick ski, and she loves it and has never tricked better.

Think the biggest point for me on this is: it appears Terry Winter has transitioned, from Raptor to KD, now I understand that this happens from time to time, but what will this mean for the developments on both skis.....

Very interested if any of the features have also found the was across...

• Baller
Was at Rosewater ski lake in Montana yesterday, my wife and I had a great clinic with Terry at the new ski lakes and then was excited to watch Terry run 41 on his new KD and finish up with 1/43 for a new lake record! New KD ski seems to be working for him! Had a look at it, seems very well made and nicely finished. Best of luck to Terry on this venture. BTW, Terry gave both of us awesome coaching and really helped our skiing in short order, excellent coach and skier. Thanks

• Administrators
I just sitting around drinking a beer with Terry he told me that he has run 39 every round of the last twenty three tournaments rounds on the KD.

• Baller
I was fortunate enough to ride a few of the prototypes last Australian summer before the flex was settled on. I ran right up to my average, right off the dock with fairly stock numbers that I would have played with a little with more sets on it. I have no doubt the final production ski is better than what I rode. Looking forward to riding it once things warm up a little more over here!

• Administrators
@packski KD has been out of the United States for a long time but they are coming back. I talked to Terry Winter about it quite a bit this weekend. For now the only way to get the skis in the US is directly through him.