Camera setups

dhofert

What does everyone use for camera setups? Was thinking of getting a gopro session. Will it see wide enough if mounted static? I don't want to get into a multi hundred dollar setup, just something quick that doesn't need someone holding it and gives me something decent to look back at.

Just got hero session to put on my ski doc orbit. It's a good set up. The session is a wifi go pro that does everything you need it to do...with adjustments available to aspect ratio and recording mode (1080p vid, stills, burst, etc...) You can also down load go pro apps to run the camera from your smart phone then download to your phone and edit.

• Baller

Since you do not have a pylon, the wider angle of a Go Pro seems to be necessary. The trade off is that the skier will appear very small in the frame. The ability to spot finer aspects of technique may be difficult. Possibly the narrower field of view setting will still be enough to capture your swing. If possible use that. When selecting a location for a static mount, try to avoid items that vibrate.

How does your rope attach to your boat? Rear toe "eye"? tripod "pylon"? Possibly a handle bar mount to on of those could be considered.

Regardless, welcome to the pursuit of technique. Video is humbling and transparently honest. Don't let it get to you, just find something that is not where you want it to be and make changes until you are proud of what you see!

@ToddL I have one of these mounted on the back of the boat. I might be able to find a small pvc cap and cut a slit for the rope and mount the camera on top of that. Will have to get measurements next time we go out. 8ttizivjvchq.png