Slalom skiing in Toronto?

jskier

• Baller

I am moving to Toronto later this summer and am trying to find slalom options (preferably with a course) as close to the city as possible? What are my options? I am aware of McClintocks and Spray Lake, but am hoping for something a bit closer to the downtown core, if an option exists!

Cheers.

• Baller

Those are the closest, Nothing downtown bro. Not much for water near the city except for lake Ontario (and you almost never want to ski on the big lake anyways). Where are you coming From?

You can be at Mcclintocks in under an hour from downtown on a weekend morning and anywhere from 1.25 to 2hrs after work leaving from 4-5:30pm.

Spray lk is closer by about 30km but traffic can be even worse getting north so same travel time give or take. Quicker getting back into the city after an evening set though. I've been doing both for 10 years from various parts of downtown. I know most of the tricks, of which there are few. The key is really dedication on your part and having somewhat of a flexible schedule. Working til 6 won't get you out to either lake with much room to spare. Mcclintocks will pull til last light, while spray lake they are done by 7.

There are a few other private lakes but not closer. Summerski is an old private club with a new lake about 10mins east of Puslinch lake.

Happy to take the convo offline. Welcome to Toronto! Lots of skiers around.

• Baller

Tragically, the Pan Am site turned out to be a bust and did not become a legacy site.

There is also T's Pond. It's about 90 minutes from Toronto, so if you have the weekend, it's a nice place to ski, just south of Welland. It's a man made and great for slalom.

• Baller

I skied " Chantally Lake" near Dufferin on a visit there two summers ago. Very nice site in an old gravel pit, but I heard that maybe the county has tried to shut them down as they were trying to get permits for tournaments. Harald and the gang at T's pond are very accommodating. The site can get wind so check before you drive that far.