Stolen boat from the Hilltop Lake, Arlington WA, just north of Seattle

RichardDoane

• Baller_

Please keep your eyes peeled for our Canadian friend's Correct Craft. They showed up to ski this week, and the boat and trailer had been stolen from the parking lot. If you see it, or hear of anything, call 911 and report it please.ju6urbupsrr8.jpg

This was the email from our friend North of the border, "Ed Jonkman’s Nautique was stolen from the parking lot at Hilltop in the last day or so. When we showed up to ski this morning it was gone. Please spread the word among the ski community and be on the lookout for anyone trying to sell it. It is a 2013, closed bow 200 solid blue metal-flake hull on a black tandem axle trailer."

• Baller

Nice looking boat, looks like it has been well loved, hope sombody spots it, been said before maybe boat owners in certain situations should think about fitting a tracker not too expensive and not difficult to fit.

I am not sure, but at one time if you needed spares for a Nautique you used to have to give the serial number of your boat before you could buy anything, obviously this may eventually locate a stolen boat, in saying that recently we have not had to do that because spares come under warranty and from the dealer who sold us the boat.

• Baller

So looking at the location, I guess either people that have been to a event there, possible delvery drivers or trash collection and the other thing I am looking at (Please Forgive Me For This) but just over the from the lake there is what appears to be some low value property with various scrap vehicles and boats as well as rubbish laying around a stones throw from Hill Top Lake.

The route out of there without being seen would not be easy at all.

But hey I am not a seasoned investigator, surely this sort of item you would want to have a buyer lined up , not sure you would see this advertised.

Oh! by the way Hilltop Lake looks awsome.

• Baller
What I don’t get is WE are the market for these parts. I understand the engine could be used in a few other small markets but a used ~2015 SN blue interior for sale would be a red flag. What’s the logic behind destroying the entire boat just to sell the engine?

• Baller
I agree with @Orlando76. This is nuts. They took absolutely everything off that boat. But how big is the market for SN 200 parts? Those side saddles, the seats, dash, doghouse, wind shield, engine... all of that stuff is custom for a SN 200! I really hope they catch these guys.

• Baller

Looks like somebody had a major refurbishment or upgrade project, in mind, so maybe look out for a boat that was a bit tatty, with a ropy engine and now looks mint and the engine sounds pretty good.

***holes ! hope they get what they deserve, I am a great believer in Yin & Yang

• Baller

Maybe bits stolen to order, not the sort of stuff you would want laying around, which would mean there is a boat out there, that has been refurbished.

I know that the Hull is serialised, obviously there is a Engine Number, would there be markings on the interior, etc

• Baller
Once the insurance auction happens, my guess would be you will see that boat magically rematerialize...I really dont think there is a huge market for complete 200 interiors... A quick wet sand and buff, and that hull would look new. Just speculating....

I was there when the owner went to look at it. The boat has been sitting in the yard since November of 2018. They just contacted the police with the serial numbers to find out it was stolen. They even took the lights and winch off the trailer. Doubt they will ever find the thieves.