How do you grip the handle?

OscawanaSkier

• Baller

I get out of the water palms one direction then change before going into the course. Usually do two palms down if just doing a long turn or going to drop at the end.

I have a couple of pairs of gloves in rotation at all times. If I ski two sets in a morning I always change between brands as the wear spots on my palms differs between the two. Start with the Ryan Dodd gloves first set then tail 41s second set. It helps

• Baller
I suppose on further reflection, I start every pass handle in my fingers, cleanish passes stay mostly fingers, scrappy passes go more towards palms/death grip. I used to destroy 2 pairs of gloves every season, I now only destroy the thumb on my left hand, no clue how that goes.

• Members
I tend to hold the rope between my fingers and palms. I have callouses on my palms, but as the season has progressed, my hands hurt less and less. Holding near the bottom of my fingers has allowed me to go longer with less tension in my hands while skiing.

• Baller

I get up with both palms down and handle in fingers.

Then I switch to "goofy" baseball or whatever you call it as I'm left foot forward and left palm up/right palm down. Hold a little less in the fingers (slightly more in palm) when in the course.

This has saved my hands from ripping up.

Skiing better also helps, taking less hits and throwing the handle if I mess up and have too much slack.

• Baller
Radar Vice gloves, kinda don't have a choice with them. I pulled out the large dowel and sewed in a piece of smaller round glue gun stick. Moved the handle further down the fingers and feels better than no dowel at all. Also ski both palms down.

• Baller
short of an off balance turn leading to an awkward connection it is always in my fingers, usually in the second digit and my thumb plays zero role in gripping the handle. My fingers never shred. I use a file to keep the callouses down, I also am in the gym all off season so that keep me from ever having baby hands which might help.