Good revolution

jimski

• Baller
About 6 sets in and got some fin #'s figured out that I really like and pretty close to sticking with. I have been on a few Goode's over the years but haven't found one that I liked enough to stick with for the last 4-5 years. The Revolution is by far the best one I have ever rode (I know, sounds familiar). Quick across course, carries speed through the turn (first Goode I have ever had do that, usually had pressure at the finish no matter what I did) great angle and equal turns both sides resulting in copious amounts of space before the buoy. Can drop bombs if you like but will result in angle and load you better be ready to hold onto. It sits really well in the water, stable and secure, sets really well into the turn, I ski on a public lake right now and boat rollers, chop are are negligible factors. I am super impressed, and yes please, I will have another glass of the Goode kool-aid

• Baller
I'm interested in any direct comparison to the Rev6: Notable performance differences? Changes in settings required? The Goode settings page isn't updated for the Revolution yet. I'm basically running the Alternate #2 settings on the Rev6 and that's where I would start with the Revolution.

Closer to the revolution shape. I’d say the ski is faster side to side than the rev 6. The biggest improvement is stability and the way the ski feels. It turns effortlessly. In fact I have heard a few say it turns too good. I am running the same fin numbers that I rode on the rev 6 and the nano one. So I’d say it’s an easy transition from either ski

Went from the 18 Pro Build to the revolution. I found the Revolution much more stable and predictable. I was struggling on the off side and always felt late and fast. I am able to get more controlled speed with direction putting me at the buoy line sooner. Turns are much more predictable and reliable. This ski is defiantly worth a ride or two.

The XTR was the nano one shape with a different rocker profile. The revolution is the shape of the Rev 6. Without cuts. The rev 6 was the sixth version of this shape which was never released. And all of the previous testing was the shape without the flex tail. The revolution shape is a great ski which offers a ton of stability. The ski turns and generates mega cross course direction while allowing you to slow the ski down to initiate the turn

• Baller

@AU_Skier - from a general perspective (or IMHO), the XTR rides like an XT, which is slower from side to side but is very sticky and dependable at the buoy. The Rev is 'faster', it still turns quickly but may not be as sticky and predictable at the buoy.

Perhaps the XTR rides deeper than the Rev.

@mbabiash can’t argue with D3 - great product. As an Engineer, I can’t overlook the data either - 34mph results at nationals year after year. Never owned a GOODE and have heard the concerns about durability but if it gets me more bouys more consistently.....

• Baller

The weather and my schedule haven't been a great match lately but I have a few passes on the Revolution now. All I can say is that it does feel faster/lower effort and it definitely carries speed out of my offside a little better than the Rev6. It also seem like it has a more defined kick point in the rocker that is a touch further back, so the same binding location resulted in some behavior that is a little grabby. Next time out I'm going to move my front binding back a hole, which will be closer to the stock setting of 29 3/8".

I'll post some more detail when I get a couple good practice sets.

• Baller_
@GMC should also tell you that he hopped on that new ski mid-tournament after round 1 with zero passes on it beforehand. And, he got the exact same score as the Rev 6 in round 1 without ever having skied on the settings or any other acclimation to it.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I rode one for the first time last night. Got home late, so just put my bindings on it at the same measurement as my Rev 6. Ski is very stable and finishes the turn and moved in towards the first wake very well. I will get a few more rides this weekend and actually measure the fin. But so far I like it.

• Baller

@ellenm Part of the reason I haven't followed up earlier comments is that someone else in my club tried my ski and liked it so much he bought it. He is also 32 mph and was skiing on a 66" Radar. The 67" Revolution worked for him and he's below the recommended weight range for that size so don't be afraid of the 66.5" ski.

My new new ski comes on Wednesday and I'll pick up where I left off Wednesday evening.

• Baller

What I like about using jaws is that it is easy to get consistent readings versus getting the tips in the exact same spot each time.

But, with exception of the slot calipers, jaws reading will be different with different calipers. They don't intend or machine the jaws area for accuracy.

And, since everyone does not have slot calipers, it makes it hard to compare numbers with others.

I don't adjust much, but when I do I measure both ways and trust the jaws reading the most.