Want to Upgrade to the Single Puck on ZO, What do I need?

skinut

• Baller

We are considering doing a single puck conversion on our 2012 Mastercraft.

We were considering getting a complete new Zero system due to ours has 1620 hours and is starting to do weird things not all the time but occasionally. Surging, not giving times, ETC.

Tried remapping but issues still occur from time to time.

Not for sure what kind of questions to ask Zero Off for getting a New Complete single puck system for our 2012 Mastercraft 5.7 ilmor engine club boat.

Can anyone tell me what all information I need to give Zero Off for getting a new system?

Thanks

Oldmanskier

• Baller

Talked to Skip the other day and he explained how the two puck system works. We are going to give switching the pucks a try as he suggested. If that does not work Skip gave me some other options. Thanks to Skip and all who offered advise.

Tom Smothers aka oldmanskier.

• Baller

OK, I got the adapter cable (but not the programming cable) and the single puck. Hooked it all up to my 11 MC. No GPS. I'm on rev R but I haven't done the rev S programming. I guess I must do the rev S to get the single puck to work.

My Garmin 18x LVC, 5m replacement puck (not from ZO) didn't work. I'm down to one puck. I hope I get the rev S stuff before the last puck fails.

Note the original puck has failed by giving widely variable inaccurate speeds. Doesn't throw error messages. The ride is unskiable on that puck. It's OK on just the one good one but it might feel different than before (it could be my imagination).

Definitely doing the upgrade just to get back to the way it was.

Eric

• Baller

@Gloersen Do I need WiFi at the boat when I'm programming or can I pre load my laptop at home? My lake is pretty remote with sketchy internet from the phone and my trailer situation does not encourage moving the boat.

Also, I'm planning to upgrade two boats (the ZO American Skier as well). Does this create problems?

Eric

• Baller
@braindamage I figured it out with the help of @Xpropman and I posted my solved issue in a related ZO Aquastar thread. In 2007 Nautique incorrectly wired the diagnostics port. There are 2 wires, the white and gray, that needed to be swapped. ZO had no idea...but Skip did and called me. Thanks again Skip!