Slalom Inspired Beer - Name Ideas?

jriester33

• Baller

Whats up y'all! My name is Jeff and I work for Forager Brewery out of Rochester, MN. The reason for this thread is we need help at Forager coming up with a name for a slalom inspired beer we plan on creating mid summer. The beer itself will most likely be a hazy NE IPA in the 5-6% range, something crushable after a few sets on the water. We do also work with a local artist who designs our label art for new beers, so any ideas or pictures for a label are welcome as well. I will update the thread with any brewing progress and news from our end. Please and thank you!zneelnqww0z9.jpg

• Baller

A little inspiration: Slalom King -crystallakebrew.com/SK/

On the back of the can it reads:

All hail the Slalom King. Casually dropping to one ski, expertly cutting in and out of the wake, and all the while trailing his signature cascade like a robe to announce his royal presence, this Crystal Lake staple draws praise on the water and a crowd on the sand.

• Baller

Just call it "Shred". I think that says everything you need to say in one short word.

For the logo, just have a drawing of a skier in dark silouette against a light/white background with one hand on the tow-rope, arm and body extended as far as possible in a cut to get the ski just barely around a buoy.

If you want a photographic image for the label, use a dramatic backlit image like this one I took of my friend but use a better skier who's stretched out lower in a much deeper cut like what I described above.

av25p8179t2q.jpg

• Baller

If you want it to be something fun and light hearted you could call it "Yard Sale IPA" and have a comic type drawing of a slalom skier having a tumble - maybe cart wheeling - over the water, his ski flying one direction, gloves in other directions, shorts coming off (tastefully), tow rope recoiling as it skips across the water towards the boat and of course a huge ball of spray from where the skier has bounced off the water once or twice. This photo that I took of my friend having a yard sale will give you an idea of what I mean. The only things it's missing are the skier's gloves and ski flying through the air. If you get the right artist, it could be a really funny cartoon.

Nice bounce eh? Note the shorts half off. You can kind of see the reflection of his butt cheeks in the water underneath him. I was laughing so hard after I snapped the photo I could barely tell the driver the skier was down. He was alright after that epic tumble.

xpazwyjlwrm0.jpg