Digital calipers

LOTW

• Baller

Can anyone recommend a good brand/model? Between 2 of us we've tried 4 different ones and they're all junk! Inaccurate, finiky and falling apart. In Canada too preferably but willing to support you southern folk.

Thanks!

• Baller

Honestly for ski set up, vernier calipers are still pretty easy.

I for sure prefer digital when doing machine work for doing offset or difference measurement.

But having a stainless vernier you can leave it on the dock or throw in the truck. Never needs a battery

• Administrators
I made the move back to dial calipers a few years ago and could not be happier. I even own some expensive digitales but 100% prefer the analog for accuracy and consistency

• Baller

Mitutoyo digimatic coolant proof 8” or a Mitutoyo dial 8” caliper. They are costly but you will never have to buy a caliper again, ever.

Now if you ride Goode and want to put factory settings then you will need a slot caliper, not the best quality but very easy to use.

• Baller

I've been using the same ones @Bruce_Butterfield reference for 3 years now with no complaints. Roughly $60 on Amazon.

I have cleaned them once using 90% alcohol: Fully open to max setting to expose the pin and slide channel mechanism. Hold with the electronics up and pour the 90% alcohol onto the slide channel and pin making sure it does NOT come into contact with the electronics. Wipe dry with a lent-free cloth. Ensure fully dry/evaporated before closing. (This process cleans the pin/slide channel for smoother operation.)