2014 CARBON PRO WHAT ARE THESE BOATS LIKE

bananaron

• Baller
Hey ballers I am looking at a 2014 carbon pro and I need some feedback on the boat.I owned a GEKKO GTR for many yrs and since have had and skied Malibu lxi,lX MC 190,197 and CC 196.I am curious how this boat compares on the wake and pull.I recall many ballers rave about the wake on the carbon pro.Any input would be appreciated as this might be my final boat before I go to water ski heaven......THX

• Baller

Great ski tug for slalom, jump and footing, not the greatest trick wake. Our ski partner liked ours so much he bought one too! As has been stated it's the basic CB tournament boat that everyone said they want, but no one bought.

If it was a promo boat it probably is equipped with a slick bimini, heater as well as heated seats for driver and observers...... Probably too 'Cushy' of a boat for @bananaron You don't want to be called the "P-word" :D

• Baller

I skied Rod's boat a few years ago. Seemed fine. Nice guy sure he'll be straight with you about the boat.

As far as driving I was comparing it to the gtr. They track they're on rails. My tournament PB was on a Carbon Pro at one of Horton's tournament.

• Baller

@bananaron I skied that boat with Rod a couple seasons ago. It skied very well, pull was good and wakes were minimal. Compared to other boat I've skied I felt no wake disturbance at 15 off 30&32 mph and 22 off @ 30mph. Comparison is based on 98 & 04 SN196 with PP, SN206 & 12 TXI with Z.O.

Condition and mechanics of the boat all seemed very good. As @gregy said Rod's a great guy and will be straight about the boat.