Finish this sentence - When I see a tower on a 3 event boat I ....

ozski

• Baller

I actually think done right it can be kinda nice: Saw a an older model ski boat a few years ago (think it was a Malibu) that had a 3rd party tower fitted to it. Stayed off the boat most of the time for course skiing, but could be attached on somehow (maybe lightweight or lowered with a winch), and fat sacks + a few beer guts provided enough weight for recreational wakesurfing and boarding.

If the tower is heavy or limits short-line skiers with rope interference (will never be an issue for me, but you never know about your guests), it should to have some method of removing it temporarily. At least that’s my opinion.

• Baller

Fun! (I hope they're having lots of it, behind a boat)

*note: I do feel a little sadness when it's one of those modern swoop-forward towers that's mounted way back on the boat, where it would interfere with even moderate slalom.

• Baller
i would add one to my ProStar in a heartbeat if it was affordable. Not willing to pay over $1200. So unless I find a smoking deal, not gonna happen. i dont think anyone makes an aftermarket one yet that works with the current hull.

• Administrators
I wouldn't want one on my boat. But if it helps get a whole family out on the water whatever. The guys at the boarding school always have one on their boats and Freddie runs 47 off down there so I'm not really sure what the objection is except I'm a purist and I like giving Travis crap.

• Baller
....don’t mind it. In all honesty if the tower doesn’t interfere with short line skiing from the pylon it only adds capability. Higher tow point helps with new skiers, when I did long line barefoot occasionally the higher tow point was nice and it’s a solid place for a bimini or storage. The high tow point is also nice to open up more seating when towing new skiers or recreational skiers. The tow point on the transom sucks.

• Baller

Certain towers look pretty good and are a great place to mount the bimini and the mirror arm. Always liked the looks of the towers on the previous TXi. Fits the lines of the boat well.

4864636L.jpg?2

Others aren't so hot looking. Basically anything that's mounted entirely behind the windscreen looks out of place IMO.

• Baller
I think of how functional it is. How much easier it teaches people to get up. Especially people on slalom skis. How I can do around the boats if I like. How it’s perfect to teach kids and beginners to wakeboard. Of how no one will put the rope in my back when they pull out to shorten. And how much joy I get for upsetting purists like @Horton

• Baller

Fun family ski boat, ski, trick, jump, wakeboard, wakeskate, barefoot, kneeboard.

I personally don't like the look on some older boats though I do like the look of the current Mastercraft towers and think they add to the look of the boat.

• Baller
I think people actually go somewhere else besides the waterski lake. And have an open mind, and surf or board. We load our Response up and surf on the big lake. My tower looks really good on my Response also, and gets the Bimini up so I don’t have to duck.

• Baller

I agree. It saddens me too. I love the sleekness of the inboard/3 event boats without the tower.

When I need to raise the rope up for certain activities, or to teach my kids friends to ski, kneeboard, wakeboard, etc..... or when I have a group with me and need extra seating space and don’t want to take a head off w/ the rope, I just take 1 minute to toss up my fly high pole, attach the rope up high and all is good.

• Baller
My first tournament with a tow boat that had a tower, I blew my opener. It was the first time in over 10 years I had skied behind a boat with a tower, and the visuals threw me off just enough to be late at the gates. Maybe it was the tower, or it was just me on a off day. Score for that set= 2.5.

• Baller

I saw a sticker on a minivan once... it said "I used to be cool".

A tower on a true 3 event boat is a minivan.

Ha, all kidding aside, a 3 event tow boat without a tower is pure sporty sexiness.

Any boat with a tower is completely versatile and practical.

• Baller

Meh. Tuna tower.

Except for the rare exception I've yet to see any of them use a fraction of the capabilities the boat has, in either mode. Everything could be done just as recreationally behind a clapped out glastron.

Oh the tubing Nationals are coming up, see it on ESPN 8, ' the ocho'.

• Baller
If Freddie can ski with a tower I can't see why it makes any difference. I love mine on the Prostar and I am 98% of the time chasing bouys. The few tea a year I take out newbies it comes in very handy. I think the boat looks better with it. When u sell just give the option of no tower and keep for the next boat. It's super simple to install

• Baller

Get a little jealous. But only when they are done right. 99 ways to do them wrong. Usually only about 1 way to do them right.

I would love to be able to cough up the money for a new dimension tower and install and then re-do of my cover so that my boat could be just like the 2002 Air Nautique 196 from the factory. Problem is I would be about 5 grand deep on a boat that is only worth 13...and the boat would still probably only be worth 13.

Still might do it one of these days.

3qcayi5aar0c.png

p5bsflcp3dub.jpg