Dear Masterline

Golfguy

• Baller

You make very good high quality ski tow gear. Please, Please, Please color the rope sections on the tournament quality ropes so that a spectator on the shore can tell what line length the skier is running.

For what it's worth, it's equally difficult to tell the length in the boat too. True the rope IS colored appropriately and there is a rope length indicator on the loop but during the few seconds to change the length either at the dock for a new skier or in the course you have to consciously think about the length the rope is on. It's not a bad thing, it's just another step you have to double check whereas the other ropes with the solid colors only took a quick glance to make sure.

I get it that the new rope is white and a thread is braided in for the color. Just takes some getting used too.

• Baller
@MS there is no reason to discontinue the non optimized ropes. Not everyone need the top end ropes. The optimized rope is available for you to purchase if you so choose. Masterline has a rope and handle line to fit many abilities and budgets.

• Baller
FYI, not all tournaments use the new Master Line Optimized rope. I did 3 tournaments this year...2 used HO and one used Master Line. All the ropes felt great...after practicing with them prior to the tournaments.

• Baller_
And there is variation in the Optimized ropes. I use one in practice that I got in May. I got a different one in our State tournament that had maybe 15 tournament sets on it. Thought I was going to fall over and then go out the front on my opening gate the rope had so much stretch left in it. My rope never felt like that from the very first set. Sorry to gripe, but two ropes of the same kind should feel about the same.

Lpskier

• Baller
@MS I totally agree. If the LOC uses last years ropes they are all wore out and dead. Yet they don’t feel the need to get new ropes and it’s not fair for the skiers. Skiers pay top dollar and get ropes with 200 plus rides on them.

• Baller

What @santangelo said. Mine has a blue thread which can get confused with blue loop, or yellow loop being confused with green of all things. Blue+yellow=green. I know it sounds stupid but take a look.

I saw some others with the gray thread rather than blue which would be better. Full color ropes would be still better.