Adjusting the upper cuff forward lean on Reflex Supershell

jercrane

• Baller

Anyone out there have an explanation of what I might expect my adjusting the position of the canvas strap on the Reflex Supershell that functions as the forward lean limit?

I'm working on getting on my front foot more and one thought I had was that by moving this up to the tightest hole I might have more of a feel for pressing my knee forward. As someone who spent 20+ year alpine ski racing and another 24 post racing career skiing pretty aggressively I'm used to skiing in stiff boots with a positive response on the forward lean. I'm thinking maybe a more positive response on forward lean might be good for me? Then I was thinking this might have the opposite effect and make the ski too sensitive to forward lean and result in me responding exactly opposite of the desired effect.

Any thoughts?

• Baller
@jercrane I have been using that shell for five years. I’m not sure why that strap is there in the first place. I don’t have one on my boot, and I cut the height of the cuff lower to free up my leg movement. That way you can more easily use your foot to control the ski.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller
I have the original supershells. I moved mine out by one hole. Not sure how they've it over the Revs. For me allowing the cuff to rotate forward helped me, before I was getting too much tip pressure into the turns.