NORTHERN MN. SKIING IN SEPT

bananaron

• Baller

7n9z620bhf12.jpg

pfmse3vs5oib.jpg

I am still skiing and live 2.5 hrs north of mpls/st paul in the brainerd lakes area.The weather has really changed here and have skied in the mornings with air temps of 45 and not sure of water temp however it has cooled off.I really feel great and am skiing the best I think I have ever skied even at the age of 71 yrs old.I have to thank my orthopedic surgeon for the 8 shots I have gotten in my knees back and hip joint and also my hot tub and sauna for the pain relief.I love this sport and live on a perfect lake for skiing.All of the city folks have left and now for sure have the lake to myself however it would be nice if it would warm up and the wind would die down.I have a wife who is a fantastic driver and my little dog a great spotter.WOW I am a blessed man to have it so nice to be able to enjoy such a great sport at my old age.

• Baller_
Hmmmm ? Back in MN in 10 days for 3 days of potential free skiing weather permitting. For a Floridian (25yrs now) wondering what to pack for warmth as far as wetsuits go. Could end up skiing in the am as well as mid day. Large deep lake near St Cloud. Thoughts?

• Baller
@Wish Probably full suit or a camaro.I don't use a wetsuit only warm tops and shorts.Usually a heater oneil or similar product.You are welcome to come to the brainerd area I will gladly pull you on a pristine ski lake however it will be cooler water....@MDB1056 Winston boy is a smart dog and barks if I fall however I never fall.@iceboating Heater and shower in boat no heated seats and right now its the 08 MC 197.

• Baller

Alaska reporting here.

First Camaro works for me.

When really cold I wear their Titanium Modec .5 top under a full Black Tech suit. Have used this with air and water both in the 40s.

Second another “vintage skier” at age 74.

Cold hands can be an issue.

Hoping to go for a couple more weeks.

Boat is a Carbon Pro 6.0 with a heater. Latter is a big help.

Morning skiing now is fine with air in low 50s and water on lower half of 60s. Nights in 40s so water temperature is dropping. I hope to ga a couple more weeks.