JaredSmith is Scot Chipman. He is banned again and all of his content has been deleted.

Horton

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

@LeonL Here is the mental state: crazy.

The guy really is crazy about waterskiing. He LOVES waterskiing more than anybody I've ever met.

And as far as hiding behind an alias, you can't pin that on him. I'm sure he would love nothing more than to be able to come back to BOS as his real self and his real name, but unfortunately, that option isn't on the table anymore, so getting away with a generic alias is the only even remote possibility that he has of enjoying the brotherhood of his fellow skiers.

I obviously won't tell Horton how to run his site, he can kick anybody off he wants any time he wants, and I understand his side of the story about why he kicked him off the first time and then again. I'm certainly not saying Scot is a perfect saint or anything, but to everybody thinking Chipman is some deranged lunatic because of how they have seen this go down, I really think there is a benefit of the doubt that you ought to consider giving him. His only real "craziness" comes from his deep love of this dang sport. If you met him in real life and got to know him, I can promise that you would see him as an asset to waterskiing, not a liability.

• Baller
It's one thing to be posting under a pseudonym so you can continue to be involved. You're a Fng wack job if you're posting under 2 pseudonyms and messaging back and forth between those 2. That's like somebody wanting to be married to 2 wives. I've got one woman at home. Who the hell wants to double those problems?

• Baller_
@DaveD, yep. My favorite selection from the soundtrack is "Feel lucky, punk?". The way that background singers tauntingly harmonize a repeated "Well, do ya?" really pushes it over the top.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I appreciate @Horton diligence in keeping the site what it is. I understand what you are saying @Zaneh2oski and also agree that Scot is a nice guy, but if you were having a discussion and all of a sudden a bunch of posts were gone, wouldn’t you like to know why? The multiple profiles creating a thread and pretending to be another profile to agree with your point of view is no different than trolls pushing an agenda. Not only is it no different, it is the definition.

Thank you again Horton, for keeping this site a real place to discuss, praise, when applicable trash talk, but in all, honestly state our opinions. And most thankfully, keep out politics

• Administrators

@jipster43 this site is mostly free speech. As long as posts are on topic and not manipulative you can say what you want. If you say something that is really misinformed or goofy you will hear about it but is generally all in fun.

Using multiple accounts to create conversations to present biased information is manipulative. Using fake accounts to promote a point of view is pure troll activity.

If I could start over we would all use real names and you would know everyones skill/experience level. As it is guys with USAWS member numbers have access to more serious conversations because there is no anonymity.

• Baller
As one who knows Scot quite well and considers him a friend, I think its time to let this die. He's not on the forum any more but he reads it regularly. Even if he deserves it, I'm sure its quite hurtful to him to read these things. I just read on his Facebook page a response that he posted to all this - his side of the story so-to-speak - if you are interested in hearing what he says about it.