New Nautique vs. New Mastercraft

Dylan_wick

• Baller
It has come to the time in the year where our collegiate team needs to make a new purchase on a ski boat. We currently have a 2019 Nautique 200, and have had a 2018 Pro Star before that. Each year we put around 500 hours on the boat. Does anyone have some insight on the new models and which would one would be better (yes I know this will be opinion based). I currently enjoy the user interface and hydrogate that Nautique offers, but some problems have arose in our current boat, even with it being so new, that I would not like to have again. Any and all insight/suggestions is much appreciated.

• Baller

Agree with @rockdog, despite being a loyal MC owner I would say with issues in mind your best bet may be to consider the dealers for each manufacturer you have close by, and what kind of support you expect to get from them. Having had both, your own experience there is the best testament.

I'm not sure I see a big difference in how much each promote the sport. I see a lot from both.

• Baller

Man, you guys are lucky to have that sort of budget! My Alma Mater is using a late model 196 with ZO as the team boat.

Are you guys responsible for reselling your boat at the end of the year or does it go back to the dealer? If resale is a consideration, ProStar is a better option. It's a more versatile boat than the new Ski Nautique. Plus it looks way better.

If you aren't talking about the new Ski Nautique and are referring to the "old 200" then it's a toss up IMO.

• Baller
@UWSkier we resell the boat to a private dealer after each year. So far we haven’t had many issues trying to find a buyer and fingers crossed for this year. The sad thing is, is I do not think a ski Nautique would fit in our boat house so it’s either a 200 or a Prostar until we get a new boat house.