Than's latest waste of time: Arcane Gladiator

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

A surprising series of events led to me creating a new type of card game. This is what happens when it's dark all the time and freezing cold even when the sun is briefly up.

If you know any nerds or nerd-wannabes who are into card games and/or fantasy genre art, have 'em check out my shiny new website:

arcanegladiator.com

(It looks much better on desktop than mobile. Maybe someday I'll bother to improve that. But mostly I'm just making this game because I'm having so much fun playing it.)

P.S. Hopefully @Horton doesn't mind too much that I'm stealing free advertising, given that I'm almost certain to never make any money on this anyhow!

• Supporting Member

@jhughes Once upon a time, I was a semi-high-level Magic player, and even more so a deck designer for genuinely high-level players. (The hardest of hard-core nerds will remember my signature creation, Sabre Bargain.)

In the last twenty years, almost every game I have picked up, I've only been about 15 minutes in when I thought "Why am I playing this when I could be using this time to play Magic?"

Arcane Gladiator is the first time I haven't thought that. It's not very similar to Magic (except visually), but it's also not obviously inferior to it. So that's why I'm semi-pursuing making it into a real product.