2001 Malibu LX for sale

Marco

• Baller

Just reduced the price of this clean 2001 Malibu LX. Does the price seem fair at $15,500? iutnnquszso5.jpg

When I originally posted it on SIA, 17K is what other similar boats/similar hours were asking. I don't want to sit on this another year, as I have a new (to me) 2010 SN 200 with 216 hours on it to play with now. I don't want to get busted by Horton for posting a long link, and don't know how to shorten it, but it is listing # 54462 at Ski It Again. Feedback is appreciated

• Baller

Nice clean boat! I'm pretty sure the monsoon that year has 325 hp - not that it matters, but I know skiers are picky about details.

I feel my 2003 Sunsetter LXI with 530 hours is worth about 20k. If you factor in 2 years older for your boat, more hours and no walk through to the bow i think 14k is more reasonable. The hours are certainly normal for a 20 year old boat.

just my thoughts and GLWS

• Baller
Thanks for the input guys. I'l reevaluate my price point. When I initially priced it, I based it on other boats of similar age, hours and condition, so I thought I was in the ballpark.

• Baller
All depends on how fast you want it to go. I'd price at $14,900 and leave some room for haggling. People always feel better about how much they pay of they haggled the price down. When the seller doesn't budge, even from a reasonable price, buyers don't have that feeling of a good deal.

• Baller
This is a mint condition one owner boat used on average 50hrs a yr on a private ski lake by original owner.Well maintained boat with 1100 hrs we all know that these engines last for a long time and certainly can go for yrs without any problems.I would rather have a boat with a few hours then one with hardly any hrs that sat in a storage shed or on a lift .These boats are meant to be used and will last a long time with proper maintenance.Someone should buy this boat.I had one and they are a great ski boat.....

• Baller
@bananaron I don't disagree but I have a friend selling an absolutely mint Sunsetter LXi. Probably the most sought after DD boat in history. He's had several buyers walk due to the the fact it has 1100 hours. They've told him as much.

• Baller
I think that you are priced about right. If you had the heater, hot shower, wedge, and above rub rail gelcoat color you could go about $18,500. Also, you've got a solid HDS which is a good selling point when selling these boats.

• Baller
@UWSkier One thing you can't change and thats stupid.People are either not informed don't understand or have been mis informed about hours and boats.I know plenty of guys who buy 4 wheel drive trucks with 200,000 miles on them due to price and condition and drive them for a long time without many problems.Anything will last a long time with proper use and maintenance.I bought a 2009 196 with 1000 hrs last summer and the boat was flawless and I would consider pristine.If you would of skied it drove or just sat in it you could not tell how many hrs were on the boat.These things last........

• Baller
Looked at SIA again, and there is a 1999 response (hours not listed) for 15K, and a 2002 Malibu Sportster with over 800 hours for 17,500, so it seems like I'm in the ballpark. Regardless, I reduced the price to $14,900. I would rather sell it quickly than be a 2 boat owner for the summer.

• Baller

@Marco damn really good looking boat and trailer too!!! Agree with others that a lot of folks mis informed on boats and hours subject. I was one of them and I learned a lesson.. Purchased a 1997 MC prostar 205 w/ corvette LT1 engine with around 280 hours on it and just really good lookin and clean boat. ran fine at test drive at dealership as well as next 2 trips out then some issues came up. Got those issues fixed, ran like champ, but learned a lesson - hours are okay and a sign that boat is being used/ran. Had it for 5ish years, lucky people liked it and said if i decide to sell to call them. Sold it and went hunting and purchased 2015 TXI with 502 hours on it.

My dad’s buddy has a 1996 Mastercraft Vdrive w/ corvette LT1 engine and he has over 3,000 hours on it... runs like a champ. Boats are made to last if ran and maintenced.

• Baller
@Marco I bought a 1998 response equipped identically to yours except for Zbox (still had stargazer). I purchased it at 1000hr for under 11k just over a year ago. It has the hammerhead 365 so some will argue that it isn’t as good as a motor as what your boat has. I would be prepared to sit on it. The guy I purchased from had it forsale for over 3months. The hours really scare people. We have 72hrs on it from purchase with only minor tune up items required. If you want a fast sale I think you will have to settle for around 12k. Prices do seem to be higher this year than last year. Wishing you luck on the sale!