Webcast Of GOODE Nationals

• Baller

I want to add, and apologize for commenting when not knowing all the details.

Would I pay $10? Yes. But I will be at Nationals, and other than tuning in on the days before I arrive to watch my buddies, I will be at the site watching in person.

I feel $10 is a bit much for family members, friends, and co-workers who we really would like to see us ski. If the $10 is for the week, that makes sense. If so, could there be a lower daily rate? I think people would pay $3-5 to see their person ski, which would add many more viewers, and reach further outside of the waterski community. Otherwise just add $10 to the entry fee and have a webcast.

I think this is awesome and much needed, just that there is more opportunity to expand, reach and grow.

• Baller

@JeffSurdej would this be two separate streams from each lake? Dedicated web announcers or just a feed of whatever is being announced for both lakes? I love the idea of the webcast and, as a viewer, I'd expect/hope to be able to see where they are on the running order and be able to watch who I want to see ski and have enough information to know what pass they're on or their jump distance, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is a webcast set up to watch what I want to see and good up-to-date graphics is more valuable to me than a broadcast which has rev'ed up announcing mixed from both lakes and no or few graphics. My expectations would be the opposite for a Malibu Open or Moomba or other single lake pro-style event.

• Baller
I'll be the outlier. I would not pay for a continuous multi-day live streaming. If it was indexed in a way that in the evening I could watch my skiers of choice or it was a 60-90 minute showing of the top skiers per division, I might pay. Price is not the issue, I likely wouldn't watch a free live stream, too much time in front of the TV/computer for too little skiing.

• Members
Yes, especially if it was archived and indexed. My daughter, who also happens to be a good skier (who unfortunately has two wrecked ankles and is out for this year), does competitive cheer. I pay and tune into to her national cheer competitions when I’m not there. You select which of the several simultaneously competing event halls to watch. Think choosing Turnpike or Main Lake. Both are available, but you choose which one to watch.

• Baller

I have to disagree with paying, I personally refuse to pay to watch sport on TV / online (don't mind paying to watch in person), surely the whole point of televising / casting an event is to get it out to more people. Part of the reason the sport isn't sponsored so much anymore is because of the lack of broadcast - chicken and egg.

If you need 10k to broadcast it may be better to find 10k of sponsorship - sponsors should fund rather than the indirect spectators.