Bimini height

Jetsetr

• Baller

Looking for info on the average height for Bimini tops. Would like to get one for the Malibu. Had one on the SB but thought it was a bit too high. What’s the height (appx) of your Bimini from the top of the gunnel or windshield to the bottom of the Bimini? Please specify if it’s windshield or gunnel. Thanks in advance!

• Baller

I worked with Danny at Tower Biminis on my deck mounted bimini. I didn't want mine to be too high. Danny's measurements and estimates were great. My bimini is the perfect height to allow my walk through windshield segment to open and close and yet it's still low and has that factory look. Check out the deck mounted options here: https://towerbiminis.com/gallery/deck-mounted/

m25akzfhmsp9.jpg

• Baller

Sun protection is very important to me therefore I prefer a lower top.

It comes down to whether you care that you can open or close the windshield without taking off the front supports. My bimini fits close to the floor and it takes 5 minutes to

Tower Biminis is a great source - get the stainless steel supports. IMO straps look bad and whistle too much.

• Baller

The stainless steel supports are fantastic if you keep the boat on a lift and don't plan to lower the top very often. Our marina is very protected so we don't often cover the boat - but if I want to cover the boat I can 1/2 ass cover the boat with the top up - it works good enough. If you need to lower the top on a regular basis to trailer the boat then buy a normal top.

• Baller

@thager that’s what I was going to do with the Brendella, make some sleeves and rivet everything in place. With the Malibu want to get it right the first time! But, it’s easy enough to modify if need be.

Thanks for the input everyone!!