Buford Danger unboxes a 2021 Radar TRA

Horton

• Baller

We picked one up a month or 2 ago - a 2019 holdover model. So far it's going great. My kid worked up to 21.5 mph on the green balls and then we decided to go back to 17 mph and start getting the orange balls. He is already back up to 19.5 mph on the orange balls. Here is the latest vid. He is loving the ski.

Got my son one of these and he LOVES IT! He is started running the full course (not just the mini). First set told him go out and ride it and feel it, and instead he goes out and PB's first pass! It was scary to watch as he had NO proper form but was all out going for it. But the ski stayed with him and at the end of the pass he was pumped and asked "Dad how was my spray????" Told him "Son your throwing some big spray now" and he was pumped! Had him have some fun on the mini-course running 28' and 32' off on it. He was all smiles. He is skiing enough now that he has to stop to let his hands heal back up.

• Baller
@JGray That's funny. I don't even think about spray anymore. But ever since my son has started running the course, he basically does the same thing "Dad, how big was my spray?" It takes me off guard because it is so the last thing on my mind nowadays. Whatever makes him happy and stokes his fire though I suppose.

• Baller

@Horton I like your instagram comment "new PBs every day". That makes skiing with these kids super fun. It really is awesome that they go out and basically EVERY TIME they can get a new PB.

Also, it's clear that Buford Danger is getting much better coaching than my kid. Her form looks really good even at a single digit age. With those fundamentals, she'll be super shredding in no time.

• Baller
I'm looking for a ski initally for my two older boys aged 14 and 11. Both are almost 110 pounds and growing fast. They are both in the course already, at the moment doing the mini with a few big buoys in there too. I'm looking for a ski that will last and be shared by them both for at least 3 years and at least all the way through 32mph. @brooks would a Radar TRA 65" be suitable? Is it ideal for this?

• Industry Professional
Hey @GregHind TRA sounds like the right choice, the 14 year old may grow out of it prior to three years pending how big he gets but the 11 year old should be good for a while!