2005 prostar 197 or 2007 lxi

Canuck444

I am looking at a couple of used boats, just sold my nautique 216 and am looking at the two noted above, both open bow both have a tower both with the 350. Which one has a better slalom wake. I am mostly 32 mph 15/22 off. The old nautique had a bad bump at 22 off and am hoping to get a better slalom wake at those longer line lengths. Would either be a noticeable improvement over the 216?

• Baller
you really need to ski them. I know my earlier hull LXI is better than a 197 at those lengths but there is still a bump at 22 (prob average) the 2007 lxi, you might need to check the dash layout for Perfect Pass option, some of them had Malibu cruise instead

• Baller

Both will be big improvement over the 216.Which engine in the MC ? a 197 with the 310 is missing some power IMO.

MC with the 6.0 are loud.May take that into consideration too if you ski early near homes.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
I have had a 2008 MC PS for the last 3 yrs and had a couple Malibu LXI I prefer the wake on the LXI at all line lengths.They are both good family boats and have lots of room.I think you need to ski both at various line length and have others in your family do the same.I now have a Carbon Pro and its way better then either boat......Remember its all personal preference and you have to ski them.