Goode skis unique technique requirement

ballsohard

• Baller

In @JoelHowley latest video, he was coaching a skier on a Goode when mentioning that he has extensive experience on Goode skis.

He then said that Goode skis require a "double pump" after the edge change before the turn because they do not rotate easily without this movement.

He said that this is caused by them riding very high in the water and having a large forebody.

Do Goode skiers on this forum agree with that?

• Baller

@ballsohard I have to rewatch the video. I watched it earlier in the week when I had a nasty head cold and couldn't really concentrate.

For what its worth I think my Nano1 is a deep riding ski. In a lot of ways it feels very similar to the Connelly GT I was riding the last few years. The only difference I would say is with the wider fore-body I feel like I get a little extra support on the Goode since I have a bad tendency to crush on the exit of the turn (likely do to a number of faults before that). When I was reading past ski reviews I liked the comments of the stability and I have noticed a number of situations where I think I saved a turn that I wouldn't have pulled out before.

That being said, one area I have struggled with this ski especially initially is getting wide early This may lead to that double pump which is probably due to my poor execution of keeping the handle in and low through the edge change. I received similar feedback from Terry Winter earlier in the summer on that and its been one area I have been trying to work at. I feel like with the Goode it shuts down pretty quickly and if if I am not riding the handle out I can ski narrow.

Anyway season is done for the year so I only have 6 or 7 months to think about all the things I need to fix next year...