November Roll Call - Who is skiing?

Horton

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Clermont, FL this morning - The early bird catches the glass.

(And beats the jet-skiers on that busy thanksgiving weekend.)

Air - somewhat around 75 at that time, water - warm enough for just a vest and shorts.

Coldfront rushing in on Monday with temps dropping to around 35F Wednesday night. ?

fey1l0f1gp40.jpeg

• Baller

b0sge3nhcobl.jpeg

Had a set yesterday and one today... water 51 air 63.

Weather starts changing tomorrow and a cold front is coming with significant drop in temperatures. Don’t know how long is going to last, but don’t see any skiing happening for the next 10 days...

• Baller
@Zaneh2oski we missed you at Ski Watch this morning. I got a nice 70 air/70 water set with Tommy J. Your sister took off with Dan White so we claimed lake 4 first. I even saw @The_MS boat going up and down the lake but he was nowhere to be seen. Must’ve been out yelling at children.

• Baller

Finally got the whole Wednesday night crew out for some free skiing on Big lake today. Yes we even got @Rednucleus to skip out of Hilltop to join us?? air 48 water 46 conditions were pretty good being the only boat in the lake could just see Mt Baker peaking out from some clouds to the north of the lakerr06nw5wcz1k.jpeg

jet6dqmz0oq6.jpeg

sclle987u8tz.jpeg

ytpuewkjijkt.jpeg

ibkx9rhhodpj.jpeg

hf70apbdkbnb.jpeg

v30dzfnkmdnt.jpeg

lu5xlrv7durr.jpeg

prss8rc44tx4.jpeg

79yzjl2v0m8o.jpeg

rws0ruhtcv9g.jpeg

qe3731sq5se8.jpeg

04q2gga8mgv5.jpeg

x6kc88a6kd3e.jpeg

• Baller

@aupatking Darn. You were just over an hour away, but we skied 60 air, 66 water on Saturday.

Then, winterized boat with high 20s coming. Just drained water. Ready to go when it warms back up soon.

I need to check out @The_MS Nautique 200.

• Baller
We usually don’t even try to ski on our public lake on weekends. Too many boats messing up the water. On a Thanksgiving holiday weekend like today, forget about it. But with some rainy, windy weather and a cold front coming in (lows predicted in the mid 30s here in Central FL) and the water temp certain to plunge this coming week, we gave it a shot. Worst case scenario we’d turn around and go home if the ramps looked jammed. What a great surprise! Only 3 trailers in the parking lot when we arrived and very light winds. We darn near had the entire 5,000 acre lake to ourselves save for a single jet skier who made a brief pass near us. The water measured 73°, air was about the same and ski conditions were excellent.

• Baller
@Rednucleus Kitsap Lake is right outside of Bremerton. Public lake with some backwash when the water is high, but the course is decent and the skiing crowd on the lake is great. I get out to Stella blue once or twice a year, and down to Maytown as often as I can thanks to some welcoming friends. If your over this way, let me know!

• Baller

Today is the last day of November and we have logged in 12 days this month. Second highest number of days in November in the last 20 years. 50 deg water and 60 deg air and no wind. Perfect day. Like ALL of this November has been. Even with a leaky drysuit and a Camaro top underneath.

woxyzqxz8i6h.jpeg

5zxqcl3g62ga.jpeg

jmk5xlxvy4r3.jpeg

• Baller
@Dockoelboto Thanks for the invite, I'd love to ski there sometime and always look forward to meeting more people in the ski community. You're welcome up here too if you want! I'll send you another message with my contact info. Take care all and have a good December.

• Baller_
Time to resurrect this thread for 2021. I was thrilled to get out 8 days in October; see if November weather can continue to be so kind. Hardest part of skiing this past weekend was trying not to slip & fall on the frozen dock - that would be an embarrassing ski injury!

• Baller
Went out in NW Illinois today. Very nice conditions for November. Sadly, I’ve only got one or two times left at most. Can’t believe the season is basically over, but had zero interruptions for high water this year which is pretty rare lately.

• Baller
My plane landed at 12.15 into Miami international, Headed straight to the lake after bag and rental car pick up. 2 sets on 8 ball course. Even with 20mph NW wind the conditions were perfect. Unlike my skiing.