What are you going to do different in 2021?

Horton

• Baller
Im gonna try to have more fun while I'm skiing. Last year every set I took was with the purpose of getting a better tournament score. I ended up plateauing in every event. Instead, I wanna take time to just have fun on the water, take more slippery slalom sets, take huge cuts on my jumpers in open water (the kind of cuts that would kill me if a ramp was on the other end of them), and try to get a huge spray on my slalom ski, anything to keep having fun with the hope that when I do take serious sets they end up benefiting me more than last year

• Baller_
Over the winter I am going to work out more and ski less. Over previous winters, I have worked out five hours a week and skied five or six times a week. This winter I’m upping gym time to eight hours a week, three or four hours a week on the bike and one or two ski sets a week. I’ll do that through February. In March I’ll cut down the gym time and up the ski time. I’ll also spend more time trick skiing this winter.

Lpskier

• Baller

Two things:

1) Ski. Put the boat in the water. Go to the cabin. Go to @schafer 's place. --> Summer 2020 was a weird one due to COVID, which resulted in zero days on the water.

2) Get a new rope. Because @Horton says that's what we are supposed to do.

• Members

I’m going to redo the 2020 summer pace again........

Work from 7-10am, have a couple bourbons for lunch to loosen up and spend the afternoon on the water like a guy should.

Winter = Working

Summer = Skiing

• Baller
Finally decided to step up and resolve a health issue that troubles me for the past 7 years. I have managed to keep my buoy count constant but my strength and physical condition was going down. So in 2021 i’ll focus on getting better and regain my strength and come back to skiing stronger and ready to improve.

• Baller

Eat better

Learn more about out bound swing.

@Rpc29 good luck with that.

My wife has been a real trooper this last season. But skiing on New Year’s Eve in the misty rain finally broke her.

She said she’s not coming back out until may

• Members
@Wayne I decided the same thing for the same reason a few yrs ago and ended up back in my rear boot within a month every time. It changed for me when the heel cups came out. It was still a tough switch but I feel as secure in it after a full season and am taking less of a beating on a ankle and knee. If you find yourself struggling and frustrated try one. If going right to a RTP is too much I’d bet you could use it as an interim while making the full switch.

• Baller

@OTF thanks for sharing, it reminds me of when I moved from HO Animals to Radar Vectors about 7 years ago. I had a season of struggling with the change and kept switching back and forth like you described. The next season I took off since we moved to a new house. This break seemed to be the reset I needed. The Animals stayed on the shelf ever since.

I didn’t get much water time last year so it’s a good reset point. The few times I got out I took some time to really think and feel what was going on while skiing. We will see if all that reflection pays off.

More water time is defiantly another goal this year.

• Baller

This season in my log I skied 82 days (and I do miss entries) which is the most I have ever skied, quite a few were 2 sets so that is a great season for me. I need to focus on making more passes with out scrambling, and in particular I need to work on finishing offside turns and remaining over the ski (stacked) . I can get started soon as I am in NorCal .

All the best in 2021

• Baller
All of the above (well most of the above). In 2021 I will: Ski more, work less, get more coaching, get to FLA to ski in the spring, have more fun on the water, stay on the handle, don't drop the shoulder, let the ski finish the turn. Oh wait, that sounds like last year and the year before. Ok then, nothing new.