How much have you personally spent on docks or boat lifts in the last 10 years?

Horton

• Baller

Spent about $6500 on a Craftlander lift and canopy, and some pier sections up north.

Then did it again when I moved to Georgia for about the same costs. (sold the 1st one).

But, this spring I hope to be building a permanent boat house, dock and pier on my lake in Bama.

• Baller
I have had the same lift and dock for 22 years. Added a top and side curtains 5 years ago to lift. Added wheels to the old conveyor frame which was the dock provided when I moved here. Dock is covered with treated wood board. Ain't purdy, but it is functional. Maybe $1800 total investment.

• Baller

Had to get a lift in 2014. We bought this house in 2013 and the lift left behind by the previous owner didn’t have the capacity to handle a ski boat.

I’m cringing at what its going to cost to do the dock. The existing all wood dock installed by the original owner was nice in its day but is nearing the end of its life.

• Baller

Completely new roof structure and new walkway out to the dock. Also an Aluminum Boat Cradles lift. I installed Gorilla Deck decking on the roof which keeps the boat dry and gives you a nice, usable deck for jumping off (plus easy maintenance).

cbuer0tcv38n.jpeg

• Baller
@skimtb Yes. I had anodized aluminum decking. And, it absolutely stays cool even in the bright, hot sunshine. When I bought my 10 foot pier sections, adding the anodized option was $50 per pier section. Well worth it! A no brainer.

• Baller

I live on an Ohio river backwash creek, you never know when you will get a flash flood so you don't want to overspend on something that could be swept away. That being said after a flash flood damaged my new 2004 Response LXI I decided to go a different way.

1994 Ski Nautique $4,500 owned 12yrs

Used lift with motor $1,600 owned 12yrs

Pontoon boat. $1800 owned 13yrs

Dock. Built 19924yntjwj9fh9n.jpeg

• Baller
Just moved in a little over a year ago, so used lift/dock was in order for $4kish all said and done. Previous owner's dock was a pile and not long enough. I'll probably spend another $1k this year adding some additional wheel kits and replacing some decking.