Smarte Jack

GaryJanzig

• Baller

Looking at finding a way where I can take my lift out by myself without getting in the water. I was thinking these would work. We have two Hewitt Roll a Docks that we pull out with an electric winch attached to lawn tractor and utility trailer. Trying to do the same with the lift.

• Baller
I saw one rig, maybe on here, that was like an inflatable sac that floated the lift up. It would only get you so far into shore but save you if you’re lift is in deeper water. It was pricey and I’ve spent enough money on my lift already, should’ve done something different to start with.

• Baller

Boat Lift Helper is useful if you have you lift at a marina or a steep lake bed covered with rocks where rolling/sliding to shore are difficult. Very easy to move around while in the water. My brother had one before he moved to a different house. You will need an air compressor.

• Baller

@LOTW those sacs are kinda $$$

If you have an old row boat that works great. Get the boat under the cradle then slack the cradle down and pump water into the rowboat till its pretty much sunk. Chain the cradle to the frame and pump the water out of the row boat.

A cheap bilge pump with some alligator clips and a spare battery is all you need to swamp and float the boat. And unlike blowing up those bags a bilge pump will drain the boat fast. Once its floating you can drag it all over the lake.

• Baller

my father-in-law has a set on his fishing boat lift that he keeps at my place. They've only had one season of use, but worked well. I just wish they had a little more elevation/lift - need to make sure you install them accordingly to work well. We kept the wheels on all season. The only reason I could see to take them off would be if they interfere with getting the lift tight to the dock.

I've got the type on my lift that lever up when attached to the cradle (like what Eljaybee linked), which I like, as they'll go up a bit higher when needed (which helps clear my shoreline without dragging on the way out).

• Baller
The Smarte Jacks worked great. If you get them get two pair of them. I was able to pull the lift out without getting wet. I sat in my canoe while using a socket wrench to extend the wheels. I had a rope harness I made attached to the lift while the water was still warm. I was able to pull it out with the electric winch we use on the docks.