It’s April, get out and ski!!!

cougfan

• Baller

This thread isn’t for the ballers from Florida or California who complain when the water temp drops below 70 and the air temp is below 80 and who ski pretty much year around in shorts and a rash guard occasionally having to put on a wetsuit ??☺️?

This thread is for the ballers who live in the colder climates and have to deal with their lakes freezing over. With the days getting longer and the weather warming up it’s time you guys got back on the water!

Those of us who are lucky to have our lakes stay thawed and have been in dry suits since November using the boat heater hot water shower or an ice chest full of hot water to be able to ski welcome the chance to get back to skiing in a wet suit.

Hope you all had a good winter!

Like my friend Doug says “you can ski to get in shape or you can get in shape to ski” choose wisely☺️

Here’s to all of you getting back out there enjoying what you love to do SKI

• Baller_
Got my 1st April run it at Hilltop this morning. Finally broke the 100 degree barrier (W52 A50+); nice to still be able to feel fingers & toes after 2 sets. My apologies to @AdamCord - he handed me his phone to video and I filmed my feet rather than his passes - @cougfan you can stop laughing anytime; I told Adam I was technologically challenged!

• Baller

@Rednucleus you can say that again ? @AdamCord should have known better than to have you try to video him after seeing the way you struggle with your flip phone?

Glad to see you got a ski in! Remember you are always welcome to join the rest of the Wednesday night crew on our Wednesday adventures

• Baller

The Wednesday night crew changed things up and skied last night after work well 1/2 of us (no Ken who was snow biking and no @Rednucleus who was busy doing vet things) great way to finish up the day! Water in Big lake is warming up and the air was a very nice 59? Each of us got in 2 long sets of feee skiing. Supposed to be rainy and cool today so probably no skiing ☹️bqkbno6bbjcs.jpeg

utva3jhcn2ve.jpeg

4pwiajew7gfw.jpeg

• Baller

Incredible weather in eastern Canada for the last 3 days has melt the ice really fast .Last chunk of ice yesterday and today skied 2 sets in 59f water anf 76 air!

Fastest iceout in 26 years on the lake!

God,it's good to be alive again!!!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

3/4 of the Wednesday night crew ( no @Rednucleus ☹️) took advantage of the spring weather Monday and free skied Big lake after work. Weather and water conditions were great. Had the lake to ourselves. How great to start skiing at 5 pm and finish at 7:30 and still be light out?? Weather is supposed to be great all week so we are heading back out Wednesday after work with @Rednucleus finally joining us. Time to get the band back together!u82yyu60xe1l.jpeg

ps0ftc6pk35s.jpeg

et3js9n0p9if.jpeg

9e4bsvd2teyv.jpeg

5pz9jqgyymr0.jpeg

• Baller

I am late this ear due to rehab but hope to ski in a month or two.

A lot of club boats in Sweden are in the water now despite it is still snowing days left.

We would like to see some extra options from the manufacturers:

Wind Shield Wipers when it is snowing (I sit on my knees and look above the wind shield when it is snowing)

Better defroster to ease up the ice (I bring a snow scrape in my ski bag early season)

Sweet water Glycol system to protect the engine from freezing during nights (was unfortunately not an option when we got our boat)

• Baller
The band is back together! The full membership of the Wednesday night crew got together and free skied Big lake yesterday. Yes we finally got @Rednucleus to join us ? we are enjoying some warm spring weather this week and the water is warming up. Finished up the night with some fantastic burgers at the Big Rock Roadhouse. Forgot my phone on the dock so no pictures to prove @Rednucleus was really there? you will just have to take my word for it. Next week back to our quest of a different lake each week. Stay tuned

• Baller

1/2 of the Wednesday night crew skied Big lake again last night (just Doug and myself) but we were joined by Mrs @cougfan for her first ski of the year ? had to put up with a pontoon boat pulling a tube and 3 jet skis for a while ☹️ After they left the water calmed down and was very skiable? Finished off the very warm week by skiing Monday Wednesday and Friday. Gotta love spring in the PNW!5ll59cdjnpwm.jpeg

weuk2jha5fqu.jpeg

3qi6n6x4vnka.jpeg

60lhn7bz7r56.jpeg