What is your pre ski warm up?

Horton

• Administrators
I am guilty of only warming up body parts I am worried about so - I do 1 set each of my basic upper body workout before each set ( tricep warm up / bar dips / push ups / curls / pull ups). Also some light shoulder and hip mobility stretching.

• Baller_

Possibly a few deep knee bends, if my hamstrings feel tight. Maybe a light jog for a couple hundred yards to raise the heart rate and simultaneously work the legs/hip flexors a bit.

Many times, it is nothing.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I'd say I'm a combination of thager, 6balls, and MISkier. Basically try to do some light body weight exercises to warm up all muscle groups, and a little hip flexor stretches.

If its early there will be much coffee involved also.....which will then need to be drained once in the water to lighten the load.....

• Baller

Quad and thigh stretches both raised and bending over at the waist. Arm swings, make wide circles both directions to warm up my shoulders. Hopefully there's a handle on a post somewhere to lean on, jog about 100 yards a few times and then I jump in before I suit up so my first time dealing with the temp change isn't when the boat is dragging me down the lake.

I wish Rossi or Finlayson would discuss their pre tournament set warmup but they keep it a secret, at least on their podcast.

• Baller
Last year it was a coffee and breakfast sandwich from Wendy's...and those potato wedges. SO GOOD! Not my performance, that was the opposite of good. I don't think there is a correlation there though.

• Baller_
Core warm up, light stretching, but the most important is a simple “one foot balance” pose for each side. Imagine your stacked position as you pick up your foot and lift your knee to 90 degrees. Hold and breathe a few times then other side.

• Baller
Side squats, push-ups, Bulgarian split squats, pull-ups, some band mobility work for my rotator cuff, light calf stretches, and a few foot warmups (since I’m a few surgeries in on my left foot). I can ski without all that but feel way better when I do them and can ski more.