New RADAR???

LOTW

• Baller_

Interesting. The Radar “Right Ski For You” chart doesn’t recommend the Vapor Pro for 32 mph. I go to M7 after Nationals and (at least in theory) have to drop to 32. I’m on a 2020 Vapor Pro now that I love, but it got damaged and I’d consider replacing it with another, newer model. The chart isn’t reassuring.

According to the hype, it’s a totally new ski. That’s pretty exciting.

Also, there’s two Vapor Pros offered: a silver one and a black one. Same ski, different colors?

Lpskier

• Baller
@LPskier, I think the Senate is a great ski, but I also don't think you need to dump the vapor at 32 mph if you don't want to. Last night my boy cruised through 24.9, 26.7, 28.6, 30.4, and 32.3 (all 22 off) on his Vapor Pro Build before going 34 mph (he is in the middle of the size chart for his weight/ski size) and nothing about the way he ran the passes suggested he needed a wider ski. His cousins start at 23 mph on their Vapors and run into 30 mph/22off. I also talked to Brooks Wilson about Vapors for slower speeds and he did not think running a Vapor would hold you back as long as you were not on the small size of the ski for your weight based on the size chart.

• Baller

@lpskier it's definitely hard to make a chart that spits out the exact perfect ski for everyone giving a multitude of factors but I wouldn't shy at all from putting you on a Vapor at 32MPH. Both ProBuilds are the exact same ski with just two different color options.

@BraceMaker we are still utilizing the new tail construction as well as base material.

Vapor can definitely still rip at a multitude of speeds depending on circumstance, if you ever have any questions feel free to reach out!

• Baller
@tjm during the testing process we try everything and so far numbers in that range have proven to be the most successful. As more time continues those numbers could certainly be updated but at this time we are recommending that’s where people start.

• Administrators

I was personally victim to @brooks testing every possible fin setting. I was lucky enough to have had 2 rides on the new ski this spring. The stock settings are very good. I think this ski is going to be super successful.

I suspect the other settings Brooks had me try was a prank.

• Baller
@brooks I am sure you are run off your feet, but a sizing question it you can spare a moment. Weight 76kgs, starting speed 30MPH into 34MPH. Looking for a little more stability. Should I be on a 67 or a 66? [or on a Senate?]

• Baller

@dbutcher For years the Senate has been been based on the Vapor shape, just two tenths of an inch wider which is accomplished by adding a rail on either edge of the ski to help create lift.

In years gone by sometimes the Senate has sometimes "lagged" a year behind Vapor updates.

The 2022 Senate range will be based on the new 2022 Vapor shape.