2022 Radar Vapor Boots - unboxing

Horton

• Baller

I wanted to chime in here and say this boot is awesome!! So stoked for everyone to try it. It was fun riding prototypes and only seeing it get better and better.

@ALPJr

Yes you can mount the boots super close to each other.

We still are using the the same Radar branded liners yes, which is made by intuition

As far as I know the BOA system & bungees are the same.

@DaddyC Don't be afraid to take those plastic pieces out. That might fix your problem.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Looks sweet! I've been on RS1/Strada/Vapor boots here since they launched over 10 years ago.

My question to @ColeGiacopuzzi or @brooks is can you use the rear vapor boot snugged up to the heal of the front like you can on a radar plate if using a release?

I run my vapors as close together as possible on a sequence plate.

cheers!

• Baller

@SlalomSteve it sounds like they are using the same liners. I'm have the carbitex, am 10.5 shoe, and I buy the size 12 carbitex boots. The 11's i can get on but they are not at all comfortable (too short) The 12's are comfy, supportive and always release as they should.

• Baller
Best thing to do is try them on as you would when you ski. Example, both myself and another skier I know both wear a size 10.5 shoe, we both have carbitex boots, I wear a size 10 comfortably and the other skier wears a size 11 since the 10 is too tight. Slight differences in foot shape can make one size feel better than another. If the size 10 is snug and not overly tight when not molded, it should mold nicely to your foot and be comfortable.

• Administrators

I wear a 10 1/2 shoe.

With the previous version of these boots I used an 11. With the new version the 10s are fine. Actually I have a mutant long second toe which might struggle with the size 10s but it's the right size for the rest of my foot.

qb08rov9onpj.jpg

in case you're wondering yes I can give you the finger with my mutant toe and I often use it to pick up things up off the floor. It really is a finger.

• Baller

According to my linked article, you are hardly a freak if 42% in a survey had a longer second toe. This is certainly something to take into consideration when sizing boots or recommending sizes, so this isn't a complete derailment of the topic.

Maybe @brooks can create another replaceable toe piece with the Horton/Morton toe 2 extender.

• Administrators

I finally got to ride the new boot today.

After years of riding a traditional hard shell I was expecting it to take a ride or two to for me to adjust. It did not. It was VERY comfortable on the first pass and skied very well. I like it. I am a believer.

I will ride the front Vapor boot for a while and then switch to the Vapor rear later this fall. (One thing at a time)

• Administrators
@ballsohard The differences that I could mention are really nitpick. I think the Radar naturally pushes your ankle forward a little. Honestly once I turned in for the gates on my first pass I didn't give it a second thought. What I definitely noticed is it's comfortable.

• Administrators
@ghutch yeah I think so. I haven't had the opportunity to try the 11 but I'm plenty comfortable in the 10 and I generally wear a 10 1/2.

• Baller

Probably too soon to ask - but has anyone with an 8-1/2 shoe size compared the new boot in size 8 and size 9?

I see @Horton likes the size 10 with a 10-1/2 shoe size. But, in the previous Carbitex, I went with size 9, though the fit is a little bit loose, size 8 was just too darn tight on my big toes.

• Baller
I’m with Horton, size 101/2 and use the 10 boot. I thought I heard somewhere they are using the same liner as last year so I would think the sizing would be close to the same. My experience has been if your toes barely touch the end just enough to make you think to go up a size, for some reason they don’t touch when skiing. If you are trying these on at the ski shop bring a very thin pair of dress socks with you.

• Baller
@APB A delayed response to your comment. It is very easy to add the Mikro-just to the aluminum sequence plate. I have had one of the Carbon Sequence plates since they came out, and added the Mikro-just to my older aluminum plate. Works great.