Best Slalom Shorts

A_B

• Baller

My slalom shorts are about 100 years old and the seams that have been repaired numerous times are about ready to blow apart and don’t look very fixable.

I don’t care for real long shorts so would guess these are 15-17” side length and they don’t stretch and aren’t real baggy so virtually no bucketing on starts. I don’t need any extra resistance!

Aside from neoprene shorts, which I think are too hot for summer, what brand/make do ballers like out there?

Thanks

AB

• Baller
We have an insanely short setup on our lake so there is no time to mess around with your shorts once you get up. I've found the best combo is 1.5mm neo shorts (O'Neill Hammer) underneath with Patagonia board shorts over that. The neo base layer means you never mess with the shorts nor feel them, yet you get some style with the shorts vs just neo bottoms which looks goofy. Anyway it's been a killer combo for me.

• Baller

I like the legs short, I get my wife to modify them , less drag on the starts and no drag if you get in deep on the turn, plus no faffing around with then as you approach the course, occassionally Speedo,s when I am feeling Brave and left my shorts behind.

I am very surprised that the Ladies choose to wear bikini type bottoms instead of shorts.

• Baller

Almost stopped using shorts for skiing. In colder days I use neo shorts, in warmer days I use swimming jammers - it is super comfy. I am toooo adult to care about style )))

Although when I need to match surrounding skiers and there is a beach bar next to starting dock I use Camaro stretch shorts - IMO it is top standard for skiing shorts.

• Baller

What about some arm-pit wing air brakes combined with some slick spandex shorts to get more speed. Arm-pit wings - when arms extended at the buoy they are deployed and slow you down; even better the drag would be on your inside at buoy to help turn, then when tucking your arms in, heading out of turn they no longer cause drag? Silly visuals here but considering the attention we put on other slalom equipment... At 60+ MPH aero matters. Seems like @MarcusBrown has the right credentials to design this. An added plus; Freddy Winter could glider over the water going OTF into 4 Ball at 43 Off rather than splashing. kq245b43sl22.jpg

• Baller_

@Fastguy888 I have totally had that idea before, I think I even suggested it on a Denali instagram post a couple months ago :D The product even sort of exists already, just cut off the lower body of a flying wingsuit! The problem is injury risk though, one of those wings catches in the water on a fall and your arm could get pretty cranked.

Hey man... sometimes great ideas start with terrible ideas lol.

• Baller_

@Gloersen @Minelickskier Do any of Hurleys fit like neoprene. On their web site, the pictures with guys wearing them look like the legs would still catch air in the wind. I want something that fits like neoprene but is a fabric that will dry. Looked some biker shorts but most of them look like underwear in the front

thanks

• Baller
@swbca you might want to look at a “jammer” style swimsuit. They are the kind of swim trunks used by Olympic swimmers than fit tight to the leg. Personally, I like some wind resistance, like always having a gentle head wind ?

Get high, Get fast, and do some good work.

• Baller_

@503Kento "Jammer" style swimsuit . . . that's the right answer . . . . thanks.

But first I am going to try the Tommy-Copper compression shorts. They look and fit like a wet suit but are a fairly thick woven fabric that dries and breaths.